Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer
A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities
Many small groups take a summer break. Now is the time to plan how you'll stay in touch during the months you aren't meeting.
Which of these ideas might work for your group?
• Set up a prayer chain that will keep you linked together through intercession.
• Before you break for the summer, set a date and place for a mid-summer potluck picnic or cookout.
• Plan a weekend camping trip for the entire group.
• Select a book (preferably a skinny one) that each person commits to read over the summer. When you regather in the fall, spend your first meeting discussing what you learned.
• Discuss in May what summer projects you hope to accomplish (reroof the house, can your own vegetables, build a sandbox for the kids, etc.). How can you team up and help each other reach your goals?
• Make a date to have brunch together after church on the first Sunday of June, July, and August.
Please comment below . . . what's worked? a related resources? a good summertime book?