Suggestions for Prayer Walking/Mission Experiences
The following is from the book Prayer Walking by Steve Hawthorne and Graham Kendrick
- As you walk through your neighborhood pray for each house on your block.
- Sit in a hospital emergency waiting lobby and pray for patients brought in, for doctors and nurses, for traumatized victims and worried families.
- Go to a school and pray for the students, teachers and administrators.
- Drive through high crime areas and pray for the peace of God.
- Walk through a crowded mall or shopping center. Look at the faces of the people. Pray for the salvation of the lost.
- Visit churches and pray for the pastor, the people, the elders - for revival and renewal in that congregation.
- Visit businesses and pray for the favor of God upon the community, for blessing for good jobs that provide well for families; and that what the city produces will bless other cities.
- Pray for the stores you enter and in which you do business.
- Go to some vantage point and view the city. Pray 'over' the city. Let God mark certain places in your heart.
- Go to city hall and pray for the Mayor, the town council, the city leaders.