Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

Love is frequently the topic of conversation during this week in February. Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day or not, there is no mistaking that a day focused on love is coming. From jewelry commercials to candy in heart-shaped boxes, the thought and idea of love permeates our culture during the first part of February.

But what if we focused on love all year long? What if we took the principles of love and put them into practice during the month of June? Or September? Every day of the year? I don’t mean romantic love. I mean the kind of love that causes us to truly appreciate someone else. To be kind, to sacrifice self, give to others, and desire good things for someone else. Not just in our families, but in our workplaces, schools, churches, and communities.

That is exactly what this year’s theme of the National Day of Prayer is calling us to do. LOVE ONE ANOTHER is not just a theme for a day of prayer. It is a calling to each of us to put into practice principles of love every day. Our families need us to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Our workplaces need us to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. America needs us to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. The world needs us to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. It is a high calling, and one that has the potential to change not only our own personal circles, but America and the world.

Where will you pray with us on Thursday, May 2, 2019? Will you join a community gathering or host a gathering in your workplace? Will you attend or help host a gathering in your church? Join with others to pray for America and ask God for a LOVE ONE ANOTHER movement in our families, workplaces, cities, towns, states, and nation. Cry out to God with us on this day. Share with others using the image below and invite others to join you at a prayer gathering on Thursday, May 2.

National Day of Prayer Task Force
PO Box 64225, Colorado Springs, CO 80962, United States
This email was sent to philnppn@gmail.com. To stop receiving emails, click here.

Views: 1257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Power of Family Prayer 

View this email in your browser
Printable Version

Prayer is our pathway not only to divine protection,
but also to a personal, intimate relationship with God.
– 
Shirley Dobson

One of the things that I love about the USA is Thanksgiving and because it is something that has a strong focus on family, I have taken the liberty of sharing a message from National Day of Prayer.
“Dad, I’m so hungry. May I have some bread?”
Does that sound like a prayer to you? Or is it more like a child asking his father for what he needs? God invites us to come to Him as a little child. It’s as simple as saying, “Daddy, I need you.”

God holds the key to all your longings: provision, protection, belonging, compassion, and forgiveness. And He wants to provide them for you . . . just ask Him. He strengthens and encourages you and your family through your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer—corporate family prayer—is the power source from which that faith derives its life. Families that pray together lay hold of the very power of God to cope with the challenges of daily living.

Just in time for Thanksgiving, the National Day of Prayer has developed a handy guide called, The Power of Family Prayer, and it is our free gift to you. It offers practical, motivating ideas and encouragement designed to help families unite and witness the power of God.
You’ll see that prayer is really quite simple and that it is the single most important experience your family can share. In addition, activities and unforgettable testimonies of real people reveal just what can happen when we pray.

Prayer can be as dynamic and varied as your own imagination and creativity. Mealtime and bedtime are great starting points, but God has so much more in store for you as your family learns to talk to Him. Prayers can be spoken aloud, sung, staged, danced or even painted. The possibilities are endless as you turn your family’s heart toward the Lord. You’ll want to begin a journal of requests in order to refresh your memory and jump-start your words of thanksgiving.

God wants your family to shine like lights in a rapidly darkening and dysfunctional world. He desires each member to have his or her eyes open to realities that others refuse to see. He longs for you to walk with Christ through a larger, more wondrous world than some are capable of imagining. Take the roof off and establish a direct link between your home and the heart of the King of all creation.

No greater or more crucial task has been entrusted to us as parents than that of teaching our children to pray. Your children have already had practice when they’ve said, “Dad, may I have some bread?” So, let’s get started.

The Power of Family Prayer

Source: National Day of Prayer Newsletter 18 November 2014 

“God shapes the world by prayer. The more prayer there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil …”   

~ E.M. Bounds

ISEBEL SPANGENBERG
Founder GPRN

isebel@globalprn.com

Tweet
Forward to Friend
Copyright © 2014 Global Prayer Resource Network, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website

Our mailing address is:
Global Prayer Resource Network
10 Montrose Ave
Helena Heights
Somerset West, Western Cape 7130
South Africa

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Hard to believe it is 2015. It is quite amazing when you think about it that another year is in the history books and you contributed to the greater story. That’s right – every action you make has an outcome that impacts potentially generations to come. It is not our story but HIS story we are blessed to be a part of – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).  I am especially blessed to know that God directs our path and every day is purposeful and strategic despite ourselves. He takes our mistakes and our successes, our aspirations and our trials and each are building materials in the Architects hands: “A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps” (Proverbs 16:9).

It has certainly been a year of trials and tribulation both at home and abroad. The moral and spiritual decay of our nation has impacted every home and has left non unscathed. Yet we find our hope in God and it is through Him that we stand boldly at the front line seeing victory and not defeat. You have preserved in prayer – day and night you have given the enemy no joy in your countless words of petition on behalf of our nation, accompanied with powerful expressions of praise that are a sweet aroma to the nostrils of the Most High. Many of you have taken blow after blow yet you have demonstrated unwavering faith and determination to hold the standard high. In your presence I am often reminded of the words of Theodore Roosevelt who said:

It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

This year, the theme for the National Day of Prayer is “Lord, Hear Our Cry” and what a powerful statement to make – a beacon to this lost and wavering society that we must return to the God of our fathers in humble intercession. Abraham Lincoln said it best, “I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord’s side.” For we are given power not to advance our own purposes, nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of that which He has given us, and it is to advance His will. May we always remember that it is not our will but thy will be done.

The Lord our God be with us, as He was with our fathers; may He not leave us or forsake us; so that He may incline our hearts to Him, to walk in all His ways... that all peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God; there is no other.

John Bornschein
Vice Chairman
National Day of Prayer Task Force

The Scriptures remind us to "pray without ceasing (I Thes. 5:17) and "to give all things to God in prayer" (Phil 4:6). Here at the National Day of Prayer Task Force, we take prayer seriously. So, if you will allow us the opportunity to pray for you, we will intercede on your behalf.

Click here to submit your prayer requests >>

2014 IMPACT REPORT

Your support has enabled the ministries of the National Day of Prayer Task Force to impact lives around the world in 2014:

Click here to download and read the 2014 Impact Report>>

A Prayer for America by Max Lucado

Dear God,

Not to us, O Lord, but to You goes all the glory.

We depend on you. You give birth and breath and determine our days. You make every nation and set every boundary. We exist by your power.

We exist for your glory. Showcase your power through this land. Display your justice in our courts, wisdom in our governments, guidance in our schools and love in our homes.

Have mercy upon our sins. We have disrespected Your word, disregarded your gifts, discarded your children. We are sorry. Forgive us, dear Father.

Read the rest of this article>>

Glorifying the Lord

Jesus said, “I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father” (John 14:13). How should those words affect our prayer? Tony Marshall Anderson addressed that question in Prayer Availeth Much:

Jesus revealed His purpose in answering prayer when He said, “…that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” In order to achieve His exalted purpose to glorify the father, the son has bestowed on His redeemed people the inalienable right to ask anything in His Name. In the clear light of this remarkable truth…the possibilities in prayer are as great as the purpose of the Son of God.

Mobilize Your Community to Prayer

Now as never before, Americans need to be in prayer for our country and its leaders in all spheres of influence. Your partnership is vital to the efforts our National Day of Prayer Task Force as we seek to fulfill our ongoing mission of bringing millions of people throughout this land before God’s throne in humble intercession.

To assist you in promoting the cause of prayer, we have included a variety of helpful resources in this year's catalog.  Whether you are seeking materials appropriate for a church setting or an event in a public venue, we have provided useful items that are both creative and practical.

Thank you for standing with us by lending your time and talents to this worthy endeavor. Your participation is key if we are to call every community in our nation to prayer!

- Shirley Dobson

Click here to view the 2015 Catalog now>>

To receive the catalog at your home in the mail, click here to request your catalog now (scheduled to mail on February 9).

Give With Confidence

As a nonprofit ministry, we are dependent upon the generous contributions of people like you to extend our ministry efforts. Your gifts allow us to continue the mission God has called us to – mobilizing prayer in America, while encouraging personal repentance and righteousness in the culture. ECFA CERTIFIED – GIVE WITH CONFIDENCE! Donate Today>>

As a Federal Employee or Military Family, you can also elect to support our ministry through the Combined Federal Campaign (Code Number: 26099). Thank you for standing with us in this ministry to our nation.

Lives Are Being Changed

Students are uniting in prayer on campuses...#BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before#BecauseYouPrayed

Read these stories and more – find us on Facebook and Twitter

The Collegiate Day of Prayer is fast approaching (February 26). So, make plans now to join with thousands of prayer intercessors as we unite at campuses across America.

424 campuses have been adopted.
2753 campuses remain unadopted.

Adopt a Campus today >>

New for 2015

Recently added Theme Resources include Prayer Guides, Bookmarks, Program Covers, Customizable Resources and more...
NationalDayofPrayer.org

New "Spread the Word" Kit

By popular demand, we have produced a number of helpful tools to help you spread the word in and throughout your church and community about your prayer gathering. Select the complete kit or purchase individually. Resources include banners, yard signs, bumper stickers, door hangers and more.

View online now >>

Volunteer

Welcome our new Volunteers:
Trisha – IN
Raquel – VA
Sandra – IL
Joyce – SC
Bonnie – FL
Paulette – TX
Peggy – GA
Alicia – CA
Angela – DC

Prayer Requests
The Scriptures remind us to "pray without ceasing" (I Thes. 5:17) and "to give all things to God in prayer" (Phil 4:6). Here at the National Day of Prayer Task Force, we take prayer seriously. So, if you will allow us the opportunity to pray for you, we will intercede on your behalf.

Darrell Waltrip:
"Join me on the National Day of Prayer"

Racing legend, Darrell Waltrip has made headlines again with his recent comments at the National Prayer Breakfast and there is no question that he has fully utilized the platform given him to share his love for Jesus Christ. So, we are delighted that Mr. Waltrip has made another bold stand for his faith by calling on all Americans to unite in prayer on the 64th annual National Day of Prayer (Thursday, May 7).

Read the rest of this article>> and view his promotional video and PSA.

How to Pray for America by Franklin Graham

“When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?” – Psalms 11:3

I believe our nation is in trouble today, probably more than I’ve seen in my lifetime. We are contending with issues that are causing the very foundation of our country to crumble. Our moral and spiritual roots are eroding, the economy is misleading, family life is disintegrating, and political forces are at unprecedented odds. There seem to be very few leaders who will take a stand for God and for His Word.

It can be tempting to believe that America has reached a point of no return. While these factors cause despair, we are reminded in Scripture that with God, nothing is impossible. No problem is too great for Him. Seasons of distress and uncertainty and hardship call for faithful, fervent prayer by God’s people and remind us of our responsibility to humble ourselves before Almighty God. We cannot expect healing to come to our nation apart from obedience to God through His Holy Word.

Read the rest of this article>> and download your free prayer guides.

A Prayer for America by Luis Palau

We thank you for the many blessings You have poured out on America and we praise You for Your mercy.

You have said: “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.”  We confess, O Lord, our national and personal sins.  We repent and ask forgiveness for all actions that dishonor You.

Read the rest of this prayer>>

Give With Confidence

As a nonprofit ministry, we are dependent upon the generous contributions of people like you to extend our ministry efforts. Your gifts allow us to continue the mission God has called us to – mobilizing prayer in America, while encouraging personal repentance and righteousness in the culture. ECFA CERTIFIED – GIVE WITH CONFIDENCE! Donate Today>>

As a Federal Employee or Military Family, you can also elect to support our ministry through the Combined Federal Campaign (Code Number: 26099). Thank you for standing with us in this ministry to our nation.

Lives Are Being Changed

Students are uniting in prayer on campuses... #BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before #BecauseYouPrayed

Stay Connected

Like us on 
Facebook

Follow us 
on Twitter

Subscribe to 
our YouTube

The Collegiate Day of Prayer is fast approaching (February 26). So, make plans now to join with thousands of prayer intercessors as we unite at campuses across America.

668 campuses have been adopted.
2498 campuses remain unadopted.

Adopt a Campus today >>

New for 2015

Recently added Theme Resources include Prayer Guides, Bookmarks, Program Covers, Customizable Resources and more...
NationalDayofPrayer.org

New "Spread the Word" Kit

By popular demand, we have produced a number of helpful tools to help you spread the word in and throughout your church and community about your prayer gathering. Select the complete kit or purchase individually. Resources include banners, yard signs, bumper stickers, door hangers and more.

View online now >>

Prayer Requests
The Scriptures remind us to "pray without ceasing" (I Thes. 5:17) and "to give all things to God in prayer" (Phil 4:6). Here at the National Day of Prayer Task Force, we take prayer seriously. So, if you will allow us the opportunity to pray for you, we will intercede on your behalf.

Dr. Jack Graham:
"It will change our nation..."

Our world is in turmoil… unstable… full of pressures and uncertainties. And sometimes the problems can seem so overwhelming we wonder if there are any answers to the needs, to the troubles, to the tribulations we face. But there is an answer. And that answer can be found in prayer. In fact, God is looking for people like you and me who will so connect with Him in prayer, that He can unleash His power through us. It is a power to overcome any trial, any difficulty, and any challenge. It’s a power that can change our nation, and our world!

Read the rest of this article>> and view Dr. Graham's Video Message.

The Gift Called Prayer

In today’s tumultuous times, we all have moments where we are afraid, anxious, and worried. But there’s an antidote for this anxious age. It connects us to the greatest source of peace, hope, and security that we could ever imagine. The cure is the remarkable gift from our loving and merciful God. It’s called prayer.

Though many may call the twenty-first century the Age of Anxiety, our current troubles are not new. Mankind’s future has always been uncertain. Since the days of Noah and his family, Moses and the nation of Israel, the persecuted early Church, the Pilgrims, and America’s Founding Fathers, the answer for people facing adversity has always been the same: Almighty God.

The Collegiate Day of Prayer

871 campuses have been adopted.
2294 campuses remain unadopted.

Adopt a Campus today >>

Lives Are Being Changed

Nations are uniting in prayer...#BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before #BecauseYouPrayed

/

New for 2015

The 2015 Complete Event Kit just released and is now available online at:
NationalDayofPrayer.org

Prayer Requests
The Scriptures remind us to "pray without ceasing" (I Thes. 5:17) and "to give all things to God in prayer" (Phil 4:6). Here at the National Day of Prayer Task Force, we take prayer seriously. So, if you will allow us the opportunity to pray for you, we will intercede on your behalf.

Give with Confidence

As a nonprofit ministry, we are dependent upon the generous contributions of people like you to extend our ministry efforts. Your gifts allow us to continue the mission God has called us to – mobilizing prayer in America, while encouraging personal repentance and righteousness in the culture.ECFA CERTIFIED – GIVE WITH CONFIDENCE! Donate Today>>

What Does the Lord Require of Us?

How does a nation corporately turn from its evil?  How does a nation corporately do evil?  In a nation of more than 270 million people there will always be a certain number of citizens doing evil. How much is too much for God?  Not everyone in our country has a relationship with Christ, so can we ever expect that evil will not be done?

These are troubling questions. Yet, we can find answers in Micah 6:8 that provide a lens to view today’s events as we pray for America. “He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God?”

Keep reading this article >>

A Time to Pray

Are you struggling in your prayer walk? Usually Satan will try to suggest to you that your prayers were not heard. He will encourage you to look to the problems again and get your eyes off God.

He will try to get you to talk as if you are not sure if your prayer is answered. Charles Cowman said, “The devil is not put to flight by a courteous request. He meets us at every turn, contends for every inch, and our progress has to be registered in heart’s blood and tears.”

A Prayer for America
     by Joni Eareckson Tada

Almighty God, you are our Mighty Fortress, our refuge and the God in whom we place our trust.  As our nation faces great distress and uncertainty, we ask your Holy Spirit to fall afresh upon your people — convict us of sin and inflame within us a passion to pray for our land and its people.

Grant the leaders of our country an awareness of their desperate need of wisdom and salvation in You until sin becomes a reproach to all and righteousness exalts this nation.

Protect and defend us against our enemies and may the cause of Christ always prevail in our schools, courts, homes, and churches.

Keep reading the rest of this prayer >>

The Collegiate Day of Prayer

1,098 campuses have been adopted.
2,055 campuses remain unadopted.

Adopt a Campus today >>

Lives Are Being Changed

Nations are uniting in prayer...#BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before#BecauseYouPrayed

A Prayer for America by Chuck Swindoll

Almighty God, we pause to reflect on Your character as we seek wisdom for such a time as this.

.  In these unsafe days,

You remain all-powerful and able to protect;

.  In these uncertain times,

You remain all-knowing, leading us aright;

.  In the unprecedented events we’re facing,

You remain absolutely sovereign.

Our times are in Your hands.

Keep reading this prayer >>

The Dirt

John Bornschein, Vice Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, just celebrated 11 years with the organization. He recently penned this article titled, The Dirt, in which he shares a behind-the-scenes look at the offices of the National Day of Prayer Task Force and highlights a special place where he believes some of the greatest impact has occurred throughout the ministry's history.

If you are curious to learn more about The Dirt (pictured to your left), then click here to keep reading >>

Prayer Begins With..."Our Father"

Jesus taught us to pray, “Our Father in heaven…” (Matthew 6:9). Prayer will only work in the context of this relationship where we recognize God as our loving Father and Jesus as our Friend and Brother and Savior. Jesus made it clear that prayer is simply speaking and listening to your heavenly Father, respectfully but openly, just as He did. It is the natural expression of our heart that expresses the intimacy that flows spontaneously from our love for Him.

The National Prayer Call

Join with prayer leaders from around the country as we pray for America. Simply use your touch-tone phone and call this number followed by the access code:

• CALL: 712-432-0075, PIN: 4961322#
  • TIME: 9:00 - 10:30 p.m. CST

Learn more about daily and monthly prayer calls >>

Lives Are Being Changed

Nations are uniting in prayer...#BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before#BecauseYouPrayed

A Prayer for America by Henry Blackaby

Oh Heavenly Father, You have made Yourself known to us as a nation by Your mighty works throughout our history.

From the beginning, You have been with us and through many wars and conflicts Your Right Arm has saved us.  We have been amazingly and graciously blessed.

Today, we confess our sin of not responding to Your right to rule in our lives and our nation. 

What is Prayer?

Prayer is an interchange of love between the Father and His child. That desire you feel to pray is His love drawing you to delight in Him. You only need to respond.

For Christians, prayer (proseuche in Greek) is “communion with God.” It is the medium of divine revelation. Through prayer, we actually experience relationship with God. The quality of our prayer life then determines the quality of our relationship with God.  Keep reading this article >>

Prayer Begins With..."A Purpose"

When you come to God, know what you are going to pray about. It is difficult to pray fervently without knowing what you want or desire from God. We should have a clear-cut, well-defined idea about what we are asking God for (being flexible to His leading). “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4). Keep reading this article >>

The National Training Prayer Call

Join with prayer leaders (this afternoon) from around the country as we pray for America and give training andinsights on the National Day of Prayer. Simply use your touch-tone phone and call this number followed by the access code

• TIME: 12:00 noon - 1:30 p.m. Central Time

A Prayer for America by Franklin Graham

Lord, we are thankful for the abundant blessings You have bestowed on America. Our forefathers looked to You as Protector, Provider, and the Promise of hope. But we have wandered far from that firm foundation. May we repent for turning our backs on Your faithfulness.

We pray that this great nation will be restored by Your forgiveness.

From bondage, You grant freedom.

Through Your own sacrifice, You offer salvation.

Be Strong in the Lord

The road of the intercessor is a long one. Daniel is an example. In the year 551 BC Daniel received a vision of the rise and fall of empires. A six-year span of time was described in the vision where deceit would prosper as a “ram” (Medo-Persian Empire) and a “goat” (Greece) would battle both Media and Persia. Daniel was astonished and appalled, grew faint, and lay ill for several days after the vision. (Daniel 8) Nothing transpired until the year 539 BC when God gave Daniel another vision which foretold the restoration of Jerusalem and the coming of the Anointed One.  Keep reading this article >>

Prayer Begins With...The Word of God

When we come to God, we must know what the Word of God says regarding the thing we are praying for. We must renew our minds with the Word so that we know God’s will on the matter without a doubt. God’s will is to do for us what He promises in the Word. By meditating on the Word and letting it transform our hearts as we renew our minds in it, we prepare ourselves to pray in faith. If we don’t know what the Word says, there is a good chance that doubt will enter, and if we doubt, we cannot expect to receive from God (James 1:6-7). Keep reading this article >>

The National Prayer Call

Join with prayer leaders from around the country as we pray for America. Simply use your touch-tone phone and call this number followed by the access code

• APRIL 2, 2015
  • TIME: 9:00 - 10:30 p.m. Central Time

Lives Are Being Changed

Students are uniting in prayer...#BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before#BecauseYouPrayed

Shirley Dobson Calls Americans to Prayer

Mrs. Shirley Dobson, Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, calls on Americans to unite before God in prayer. Watch her video message >>

Prayer for Supreme Court Marriage Decision

The eyes of many in the Church are watching closely an anticipated ruling in June by the Supreme Court of the United States regarding same-sex marriage. Many believe that this battle for the family and a traditional biblical view of marriage is already over. From a worldly perspective, that may be true. But we are a people of faith who put our trust in the Lord, not in courts, or presidents, or public opinion. The Word of God is filled with examples of God responding to the prayers of His people in miraculous ways that surprise a watching world. May He do it again as we humbly come before Him in prayer. We encourage you to pray though these points and scriptures regularly.

Here are some ways we might pray:  Keep reading this article >>

Prayer Begins With...The Holy Spirit

Rather than rushing into God’s presence and saying many things, it is good to quiet your mind and wait in God’s presence so you can feel God’s heart and pray the things that the Holy Spirit shows you to pray for (Habakkuk 2:1). God promises to renew the strength of those who wait patiently on Him (Isaiah 40:31; Psalm 27:14). Through this you express to God in a practical way “not my will but Yours be done.” If you are always talking in prayer, you will not be able to hear what God is saying.

The National Prayer Call

Join with prayer leaders from around the country as we pray for America. Simply use your touch-tone phone and call this number followed by the access code

• APRIL 2, 2015
  • TIME: 9:00 - 10:30 p.m. Central Time

Lives Are Being Changed

Students are uniting in prayer...#BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before #BecauseYouPrayed

New 2015 Prayer Bookmark

This bookmark features each of the seven centers of influence, but it's small, compact size makes it easy to tuck into a Bible, pocket, or purse. This is a great handout at any prayer gathering.  NationalDayofPrayer.org

Prayer Requests

Give with Confidence

As a nonprofit ministry, we are dependent upon the generous contributions of people like you to extend our ministry efforts. Your gifts allow us to continue the mission God has called us to – mobilizing prayer in America, while encouraging personal repentance and righteousness in the culture.ECFA CERTIFIED – GIVE WITH CONFIDENCE! Donate Today>>

The 2015 National Prayer

We are anticipating a wonderful turnout for the 64th annual National Day of Prayer on May 7th as millions of Americans gather to intercede before God’s throne. Our team is hard at work designing and printing more than one-and-a-half million prayer resources, which will be distributed at military installations, prisons, hospitals, schools, government offices and at gatherings from coast to coast.

In addition, our Honorary Chairman, Dr. Jack Graham, has written the National Prayer (available on our website) that will be offered at the National Observance in Washington, D.C. This prayer will be heard on radio stations and then simultaneously prayed at events beginning on the east coast, creating a wave of prayer across the United States throughout each time zone.

To read the National Prayer, or download in audio format, Click Here >>

Be sure to send to your local radio station or to your church audio team. Let's join together as one voice united in prayer on Thursday, May 7!

Lord, Hear Our Cry

The 64th annual National Day of Prayer (NDP) is fast approaching! On Thursday, May 7, NDP Task Force volunteers throughout the country will coordinate events where millions of Americans will gather to humble themselves before the Lord – and there are additional untold numbers who will be participating in other ways.

This annual observance powerfully demonstrates the religious freedoms that were secured by our Founding Fathers who recognized that our innate human rights are inexorably tied to our relationship with the Creator. Keep reading this article >>

Leadership Summit

The upcoming National Day of Prayer is only the beginning! You are invited to join with intercessors from around the world in Colorado Springs, Colorado, for the Leadership Summit, October 16-18, 2015. Discounted registration is available (for a limited time) and includes 5 meals and transportation! Learn to mobilize people to intercession as you gain a deeper understanding of prayer with like-minded believers. Register now at prayerleaders.org >>

Prayer Begins With...Worship

To worship means “to bow down, to prostrate oneself.” God is seeking those who worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:23). God wants truth in the inner parts of our heart (Psalm 51:6). In true worship, there is a total bowing down of the heart to God, which is a response to the revelation of who God is - revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. Worship is voluntary submission to the love, the will, and the law of God.Keep reading this article >>

New and Improved

The National Day of Prayer has experienced a record number of visitors to the website in recent weeks, causing slowing between pages and orders. In fact, due to the increased activity, the ministry had to make a decision to bolster service by migrating to a new website server. Although the overall look of the site is very similar, behind the scenes a far more efficient system has been put into place. So, we encourage you to take our new site for a test drive. If you had any slowing issues over the past week, then you should notice a difference right away. In fact, it is not too late to place orders or download printable resources. Visit NationalDayofPrayer.org today >>

National Day of Prayer T-Shirts

Kerusso has partnered with the National Day of Prayer Task Force to help mobilize prayer in America. Kerusso was founded and exists today for the sole purpose of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus.

On Thursday May 7th, followers of Christ, who believe in the power of prayer, will join together to repent and seek God’s forgiveness for our nation.  Purchase your National Day of Prayer t-shirt and show your unity with other believers. On an average, more than 3,000 people will see a message on a t-shirt! So, Make a Statement today. 

Group Rate - Buy 10+ Tees and pay only $9.99 each. Available in most sizes.

Lives Are Being Changed

http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org/img/email-skins/resources/shim.gif" width="24" border="0" class="CToWUd"/>
Students are uniting in prayer...#BecauseYouPrayed   More prayer gatherings in America than ever before#BecauseYouPrayed

Championing Pastors to Transform America

We are partnering again with National Day of Prayer (NDP) to host their annual pre-NDP men's gathering this Wednesday, May 6th from 10:00 AM till 12 Noon, ET. This exclusive men's event is closed to onsite attendees, but will be webcast by FRC to view for free. Speakers and Prayer Leaders include:

• Tony Perkins, President, Family Research Council (FRC)

• Dr. James Dobson, Founder, Focus on the Family and President, Family Talk

• Dr. Jack Graham, Honorary Chairman, NDP, Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church,

• Rev. David Butts, Chairman, National Prayer Committee (NPC)

• Rev. Jeff Noel, Pastor Heartland Church & NPC National Coordinator

• Dr. Glenn Sheppard, President, International Prayer Ministries, Founding Member, NPC

• Pastor John Bornschein, Vice Chairman, National Day of Prayer Task Force

To view the webcast, click HERE. The event will begin at 10:00 AM and end at Noon (ET).

Of course, this Thursday, May 7 is the National Day of Prayer. The theme is "Lord, hear our cry" from 1 Kings 8:28. Hopefully you are already hosting an event or have urged you church to take part in one of over 40,000 NDP events around the country. You can find an observance in your area by clicking on NDP's Events page.

If there is not an event in your community, it is not too late to sponsor one. Click here for some promotional tools: videos, power points and images. If you are hosting an event, be sure to post it on the NDP website by clicking here. People will be searching up to the last minute!

However you observe the National Day of Prayer, I hope you will join us via live webcast tomorrow, Wednesday, 10:00 AM -12 Noon, ET. May the "Lord, hear our cry!"

Standing for Faith, Family and Freedom,

Dr. Kenyn M. Cureton
Vice President for Church Ministries
Family Research Council
www.frc.org

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Visit These Partners in Prayer

Prayer Directory Sites

Workshop Video

Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer

Events / Days of Prayer / Training