Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

As you start the new year, what ideas do you have to help keep prayer fresh?

We invite you to share an idea or discipline that helps you stay focused on Christ and faithful in your  praying . . .

Phil

Pray! Community Coordinator

Views: 880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pray with Apostle Paul for the Church

All the believers were one in heart and mind. Acts 4:32

Take a prayer journey with the Apostle Paul

*   12 monthly themes in 2014
  *   Prayed daily as we begin each day
  *   Devoting a week of praying for our personal growth, then our pastors, a week for our churches, and a week for the work of IBSA across the state

What benefits will we reap by repeating the prayers of Paul?

*   Paul teaches us the power of praying scripture back to the Lord
  *   Paul's written prayers train us to pray beyond convenience and consumption to consecration and commitment
  *   These apostolic prayers lead us into trinitarian praying: to the Father, in the name of Christ, by the filling and empowering of the Spirit
  *   Paul reminds us to pray with faith, hope and love for the Bride of Christ

So: 
  • each time you pray from the scripture, ask the Holy Spirit what to focus on
  • memorize all or part of the scripture by repeating phrases that best express your  passion as you pray
  • write out the scripture then write out your response prayer
  • read and pray the scripture in corporate prayer times; classes, groups, meetings
  • disciple your children at one family meal

Monthly Themes & Scripture

January - Wisdom & Revelation (Ephesians 1:17-19)
February - Abound in Love (1 Thessalonians 3:9-13))
March - Strengthened with Might  (Ephesians 3:16-19)
April - Walk Worthy (Colossians 1:9-12)
May - Abound in Hope (Romans 15:13)
June - Like-Minded (Romans 15:5-7)
July - Faith, with Power (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12)
August - Enriched in Everything (1 Corinthians 1:4-8)
September - Pray for Us (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5)
October - Continue Earnestly in Prayer (Colossians 4:2-4)
November - Filled with Fruits of Righteousness (Philippians 1:9-11)
December - He will do it (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)
By Phil Miglioratti

I love all of these prayers and have often prayed them.  I never prayed them through out the year, so I will try this for 2014.  Thank you!   Marsha

Since we are on the subject of the Apostle Paul, he did advise Timothy to remember the prophetic words he received and to use them to do warfare with. God's promises are important to pray and to partner with. They are very strategic for use in spiritual warfare! 

I like the KISS model. Keep It Simple Sinner. I am encouraged that I am a walking prayer tower, listening and talking to God through out the entire day.
The scripture I apply most often is John 5:19--I only do what my father says .
Jesus Calling by Sahra Young is a great reminder to me of walking in simplicity with the Holy Spirit, and I try to maintain that close relationship prayerfully throughout the day
Yapp
Thank s for the Paul plan,......

The church can be changed, but not by our own efforts.  God has the wisdom and power to transform the church, through faith, through prayer, through some Christian ratchet-jawing to Him. In several churches, I have practiced this concept and watched them change.  I'm Aspergers, so I KNOW it's not by my efforts!  Here's a prayer to galvanize your church:

"Heavenly Father, I ask for the Holy Spirit to come upon this place and all the chairs in this place and anyone who comes into this building this week.  May your blessing be upon them.  May they grow in life and peace to bring transformation in their lives.  May they grow in the fruit of the Holy Spirit, spiritual maturity and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  May the Holy Spirit wrap them up with Your love.

Heavenly Father, please manifest yourself to these people in power.  Draw them to salvation.  Bind any unclean spirits upon them or their properties to silence and impotence.  Please draw them to faith and appropriate your Gifts by asking, seeking and knocking.  Please cause them to grow in goodness, that they would be eligible for Your goodness back to them.  Please cause them to grow in obedience and intercession so they would be eligible for Your promises for obedience.  Please cause them to grow in sanctification to put to death all the old nature and grow in the spirit and be able to walk in obedience.  Please cause them to grow in perseverance to learn deferred gratification and look to You for their rewards.  Please cause them to grow in godliness  and in your godly attitudes.  Please cause them to grow in Koinonia, the love of all the brethren like themselves.  You promised to bless those who do.  May your koinonia overflow in their lives into Agape, love like Yours.  

Heavenly Father, please give them the same gifts you gave your Son Jesus - wisdom, knowledge, power, discernment, prophecy and fear of the Lord.    Anoint them for ministries you would have them do.  For anyone who comes in social or physical contact, may they be drawn toward salvation and any unclean spirits upon them be bound to silence & impotence at that moment.  Heavenly Father, anoint them for leadership and discipling. 

I praise you.  I bless you. May your Holy Spirit come upon this place and its environment.  I command any demons in this place and environment to leave now and go to where the lord Jesus would send you.  Give these people a hunger and wisdom for revival to break out all around here.  Holy Spirit, flood this place with Your presence.  Flood this place with Your presence.  Radiate out from this place to the community."   Etc.

Keep Kleenex handy for new comers, atheists and Southern Baptists.

Found this in a congregation's newsletter - -

A New Year Prayer

Grant me the strength from day to day

To bear what burdens come my way.

Grant me throughout this bright New Year

More to endure and less to fear.

Help me live that I may be

From spite and petty malice free.

Let me not bitterly complain

When cherished hopes of mine prove vain,

Or spoil with deeds of hate and rage

Some fair tomorrow's spotless page.

Lord, as the days shall come and go

In courage let me stronger grow.

Lord, as the New Year dawns today

Help me to put my faults away.

Let me be big in little things;

Grant me the joy which friendship brings.

Keep me from selfishness and spite;

Let me be wise in what is right.

A happy New Year! Grant that I

May bring no tear to any eye.

When this New Year in time shall end

Let it be said I've played the friend,

Have lived and loved and labored here,

And made of it a happy year.

--Edgar A. Guest

RSS

Start a Reimagine-Journey‼️

--->Your Free Profile