Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

As you start the new year, what ideas do you have to help keep prayer fresh?

We invite you to share an idea or discipline that helps you stay focused on Christ and faithful in your  praying . . .

Phil

Pray! Community Coordinator

Views: 880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

phillipians 2:3

let each esteem others as better than themselves--and pray for them

love you all-merv

Passing this on from a colleague and friend . . .

My New Years Prayer for You  (It may sound familiar!) 
Kevin Moore

May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. 
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. (Ephesians 1)

And may Birmingham be changed because the Church becomes the answer to that prayer! 

Thanks for your continued interest in - and support of - Mission Birmingham. . . 

For the Kingdom and her King,
Kevin Moore 
Kevin Moore, Executive Director
Mission Birmingham

Our church (Experience Life in Lubbock, Tx) begins each year with a weekend corporate prayer service instead of regular services and then we invite all to join us throughout the year at our corporate prayer services for that campus each week.  At our main campus it is 7:15 - 8:15 on Monday nights. At our Downtown campus corporate prayer is 6:15 - 7:15 on Tuesday nights.

Great idea!

If it hasnt been mentioned before, i also highly recommend brother lawrences book, PRACTICING THE PRESENCE OFGOD

This week between Christmas / NewYear's seems to be quieter than before without as many distractions for prayer . Tomorrow , for mid week Monday / Watchnight fellowship / prayer as the New Year arrives at The Truth Church in Lynchburg , Virginia .....

Dr.Charles Hughes
Pastor for prayer /Liberty
Pastor / Truth Baptist Church

Hi All,

I have to always work on ways to keep my prayer life fresh.  One thing that I started that I am loving this year.  Is looking at an attribute of God each day.  I took the idea from a book called "praying the attributes of God".  Today's attribute was God's sovereignty.  It is so appropriate as we close the year 2012 that has included so many blessings for each of us as well as tragedies for so many.  Remembering that God is sovereign and in control is very helpful to me.   Also, as I am reading my devotion looking for God's attributes to include in my prayers.  The better we know God and His character, the better we are able to pray to Him and trust Him.

Wishing all you prayer warriors a Blessed New Year and a closer walk with Jesus!

Blessings,

Marsha

I, along with supporters of PrayOn Ministries, have decided to follow the Daniel's Fast one day a week.  We need more intercessors to cover at least one day for the needs of people all over the world. We have been doing this for about six weeks and it has spiritually strengthen us. Please email me if you would like to join in this commitment of consecration to increase your spiritual awareness and being more alert and obedient to the voice of God. There is an added physical benefit for your health to follow the Daniel's Fast at least one day each week. It has been such a blessing to my faith walk, I am considering following this plan two days each week. It really does work! marycrosby@prayon.org/ www.prayon.org PrayOn!

To use Scripture as a prayer--base, and to set aside a time every morning, at the same place, same time, same cup of coffee!! with Bible etc. there .. so that it's not hard to meet with God, either then or any time of the day.  It only takes a small space ... but how God can use that discipline in our lives.  Marilyn

For about 10 years I've been choosing my "verse of the year". I make it a point to read, memorize,  meditate, study, and apply it to my life all year. The Lord led me to Hebrews 10:22 & 23 for 2014.  

"Let us draw close to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water."

I'm delving deep  into my own heart to discern God's idea/description of a SINCERE HEART.  I praise Him for what He's showing  me.

I've found this yearly practice to be exceptionally helpful in my daily walk - and it's also a wonderful way to hide God's Word in me heart, as memorizing doesn't come as easily as it used to.

Reply by NHancy J. Fritz 

I  have begun an amazing personal exercise that I email to 1,000 prayer /Life group leaders weekly . ---200 daily .

I read a section of E. M. Bounds --The Classic Collection On Prayer -----compilation of eight books by a confederate army chaplain during the Civil War , ( published by Bridge -Logos , Alachua , FL 32615 ) 787 pages .

send a collection of notes/quotes from that section  with a comment daily ...

The best writing on prayer ever !

St. Augustine sheds helpful light on how we can keep prayer fresh @ the New Year…

“And all my desire is before you” (Ps 37:10)… This very desire of yours is your prayer; and if your desire is continual, your prayer is continual too. It was not for nothing that the Apostle said: “Pray without ceasing” (1Thes 5,17). Can we unceasingly bend our knees, bow down our bodies or uplift our hands, that he should tell us: Pray without ceasing? No; if it is thus he bids up pray, I do not think we can do so without ceasing.

But there is another way of praying, interior and unbroken, and that is the way of desire. Whatever else you are doing, if you long for that sabbath, you are not ceasing to pray. If you do not want to cease praying, do not cease longing.

Your unceasing desire is your unceasing prayer. You will lapse into silence if you lose your longing. Who did lapse into silence? Those of whom it has been said: “Because iniquity hath abounded, the charity of many shall grow cold” (Mt 24.12). The coldness of charity is the heart’s silence; its glowing ardor, the heart’s outcry. If charity is always present, you are ever crying out; if always crying out, you are ever longing; if longing, you have not forgotten the everlasting repose.”  (Discourse on Psalm 37)

RSS

Start a Reimagine-Journey‼️

--->Your Free Profile

--->Take the Tour  

--->Ask A Question

• Add a photo  
  • Reply to a discussion  
  • Blog an insight
  • Post an event
  • Watch (and pray) a video
  • Add to our Directory
  • Invite friends/class/