Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer
A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities
A Learning Community . . . Prayer Champions • Praying Churches • Prayed-for Communities
Heart to Heart ~
Praying from My Heart to God’s Heart
What It Means to “Pray from My Heart to God’s Heart”
To pray “from my heart” means to pray what you truly feel in your heart, what you really mean to say. If it’s just a thought from your head it’s not really a prayer. God is not interested in hearing nice words. He wants a friend to friend relationship that can only happen if you are totally sincere and truly genuine in what you are saying to him.
To pray “to God’s heart” is to pray a God-focused prayer. It means praise for his glory, thanks for his goodness, confession to him for sin, petition to claim his blessings, intercession to release his grace into other’s lives, and submission to his will. To pray “to God’s heart” is to pray “in accord with his will (1 John 5:14). It is to pray “in Jesus name” (John 14:13-14, 15:16, 16:13-14). It is to pray “in the Spirit” (Eph. 6:18). In other words, it is to pray as all three members of the Trinity lead you to pray.
How Will This Prayer Guide Help Me Pray to God’s Heart?
1. This daily prayer guide will help you pray “to God’s heart” every day by encouraging you to read and savor the words of God and pray in ways that reflect what you have heard God say.
2. This guide will help you pray from your heart, not just your head, by inviting you first to meditate on what God has said in his Word and then respond to him with heartfelt prayers.
3. It will help you pray all kinds of prayers--praise, thanks, confession, petition, intercession and submission (Eph. 6:18). All these elements are part of a relationship with God.
4. It will teach you to pray for yourself: asking God for the spiritual riches he has promised (Matt. 7:7-8), confessing freshly discerned sin and finding God’s forgiveness (1 Jn. 1:9), and submitting to God’s every word (Matt. 4:4).
5. It will help you pray for the well-being of family members, friends, fellow believers, coworkers, neighbors, and unsaved persons; releasing God’s grace into their lives (1 Tim. 2:1-4).
November 15, 2018 from 2pm to 3pm – On your own phone/mobile device from your location0 Comments 1 Like
November 22, 2018 from 2pm to 3pm – On your own phone/mobile device from your location0 Comments 1 Like
November 29, 2018 from 2pm to 3pm – On your own phone/mobile device from your location0 Comments 1 Like
December 6, 2018 from 2pm to 3pm – On your own phone/mobile device from your location0 Comments 1 Like