Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer
A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities
Joining God in Watchful Praying
By Dave Butts
One of the most fascinating aspects of watchful praying is how closely it ties us to the very nature and
activity of God Himself. God is a watcher! Again and again in the Bible we read
of how He watches over the affairs of both nations and individuals. He calls us
to join Him on His watch…to devote ourselves to watch and pray that we might
participate with our Lord in His purposes. What an amazing privilege! Carefully
consider these Scriptures that point to God on His watch:
• "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back
to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised
you" (Genesis 28:15).
• "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" (Psalm 32:8).
• "He rules forever by His power, His eyes watch the nations – let not the rebellious rise up against Him" (Psalm 66:7).
• "The LORD will keep you from all harm – He will watch over your life; the
LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore"
• "The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good" (Proverbs 15:3).
Would you today join with a watching God? He is calling His people to such an intimate
place with Him that we begin to see some aspects of what He is seeing as He
allows us that privilege. Our watching is for the purpose of praying into our
world the purposes and plans of God. How amazing is the grace and calling of
God that He would grant us the joy and favor of laboring alongside Him through
(excerpted from Prayer and The End of Days by David Butts; available at http://www.prayershop.org/Prayer-and-End-of-Days-p/int-bud-bk-001.htm )
For more information on this ministry: