Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer
A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities
Happy May! What a beautiful time of year in Southern California! We have lots of praises and prayer requests this month and we thank you in advance for praying with us, passing on the requests to others and being a part of all that God is doing in Hollywood!
• Praise God for a WONDERFUL National Day of Prayer in Hollywood!
• Praise God for a GREAT Biola Media Conference, also at CBS Television on May 5th
• May is always Mothers Day Month. Praise God for our Mothers!
• Pray for three companies who all promote films to the Christian community
• Our friend, radio personality Rich Buhler, passed away on May 7th
• Pray for the Lord to make Himself known at The Cannes Film Festival
• Pray for the people creating this summer’s Blockbuster movies
• Pray for Karen and Caren as we travel to Jakarta Indonesia for the WPA
• Pray for Susan who is in South Korea working on the World's Fair
• Pray for MN HPN Director, Heidi, as she produces a Guy Penrod Concert
• Pray for Actor’s Co-Op and their current play, “Learned Ladies.”
• Praise God for a WONDERFUL National Day of Prayer in Hollywood! HPN partnered with 5 other LA churches, 5 other entertainment and prayer ministries and hundreds of individuals who came together on the CBS Television sound stage 9 – the home of “Will and Grace” . - We praised and worshiped God and prayed for our nation, our state, our city, our local churches and our entertainment industry. It was so creative with interactive prayer stations, four different worship groups and lots of joy. Thank you to ALL of you who were involved or came. The evening had an eternal impact!
• Praise God for a GREAT Biola Media Conference, also at CBS Television on May 5th. There were great speakers, a good turn- out, lots of friendship connections, both old and new, and a true sense of community. The day ended on a high note with our friend DeVon Franklin, Columbia Creative Exec. and author of “Produced By Faith,” encouraging the group to keep their eyes on Jesus while working in our industry.
• Praise God for our Mothers! May is always Mothers Day Month and we want to take a moment to thank the Lord for our Mothers. Regardless of how good they were as mothers, they brought us into this world, and we now can make the world a better place just because we’re here! Thanks Moms.
• Many of you have asked how you can get more information on films that are marketed to the Christian community. So we want to give you an update on three friends’ companies who all market films to the church-going audience. Pray for these companies to have continued wisdom and effectiveness in presenting the films they are promoting and for Christians to get information about them, including guides on to how to respond, etc.
• Our friend, radio personality Rich Buhler, passed away on May 7th, after a long bout with cancer. We will miss him and his love for life and other people! Please pray for his wife Dianne and his children Krista and Brian, his step children and grand children, as they work through the loss of their dear husband, grandfather and father. Rich was a supportive member of our Christian Hollywood community and loved by all who knew him. For more info. click HERE.
• Pray for the Lord to make Himself known at The Cannes Film Festival (May 16 – 27th, 2012 in Cannes, France.) – one of the largest and most prestigious International Film Festivals of the year. Filmmakers, distributors, actors, directors and marketers gather from around the world to see the new films coming out and to make deals. The top decision-makers in the film world show up to sell and or market their projects. May the Lord show up as well, and rock the participants’ world! For more information on the Festival, click HERE.
• May begins the promotion and release for all of the Summer Blockbuster movies, starting with “Avengers” last week-end. Our country spends billions of dollars on films, giving the state of California the rank of 5th largest GNP among any country around the world! Let’s pray for the people creating the films and the impact that they have on audiences. May the Lord guide our nation’s thoughts and actions as we go to the movies! For more info on the summer films, click HERE.
• Pray for the two HPN K/Carens as we travel to Jakarta Indonesia. We actually left on May 12th and scheduled to have our email sent out to you today! We’ll be back on May 19th and look forward to the Lord opening doors for us as we pray for media at the World Prayer Assembly, and as we pray with children and global entertainment professionals throughout the week. May the Lord give us Divine Appointments so that we can bring His love and encouragement to the people there as we pray for them. For more info, click HERE.
• Would you pray for Roma Downey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_Downey) and Mark Burnett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Burnett), a husband and wife team who are producing 10 one hour episodes of the entire BIBLE for the History Channel. Both Roma and Mark are passionate about retelling the Bible for the television audience. They are currently in Morocco filming and have a website where we can read their prayers for the project. It's an exciting step to have a cable channel embrace this multi-million dollar project and they have asked for our prayers! To pray with them, click HERE.
REQUESTS FROM HPN MEMBERS:
• Pray for our LA HPN friend Susan who is in South Korea working on the World's Fair for the next couple of months. May she do great work and have an eternal impact on the people she works with and see God in a new way in Korea.
• Pray for our Twin Cities HPN Director, Heidi, as she produces a Guy Penrod Concert, through her new ministry, “Music for the Master.” Heidi is committed to bring Jesus into Minnesota through the arts, and we pray with her as she and her team put this concert together. For more details click HERE.
• Pray for Hilary, who has been working at the Daystar TV, the first Christian network in Texas that is nominated for three Daytime Emmys this year. "Two of the nominations are for a program I produced on the Holocaust, and the program is unlike any other on the subject because Jesus is the center of it." Let's ask the Lord to keep using Hilary to impact the viewers and her co-workers.
• Don’t miss the events in Hollywood that you can either attend or pray for! One in particular to point out this week is the Actor’s Co-Op show, “Learned Ladies.” Actor’s Co-Op is an incredible theatre company, made up of talented union actors who are also Christians. They constantly win awards for their plays and have been producing powerful theatre for over 20 years. Check them out HERE. Check out all of the upcoming events HERE.
Thanks for praying with us this month and we look forward to being back with an update from Indonesia in June!
Karen and Caren
TIP OF THE MONTH:
May our words be truthful to man and pleasing in God’s sight. http://philcooke.com/the-difference-between-con-and-content/
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
“The stupid believe that to be truthful is easy; only the artist, the great artist, knows how difficult it is.” Willa Cather
VERSE OF THE MONTH:
“May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalm 19:14