Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer
A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities
"Unreached" is a missiological term that means that less than 2% of an ethno-linguistic people group are Evangelical Christians, and less than 5% other Christian population. (For more about these definition click here). What this means is that there is insufficient Gospel presence for a Church Planting Movement to begin that will transform a people for Christ. Reaching every people group with the Gospel of the Kingdom is our mandate given to us by Jesus in Matthew 24:14. Our commission is to "Go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19-20). Jesus also tells his disciples in Luke 10:2, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." The harvest is still plentiful and the workers are still few, so we need more prayer to finish the task we have been given.
Here are 12 effective ways to pray for Unreached People Groups:
1. That God draws them to Christ (John 6:44)
2. That they may seek to know God in Christ (Acts 17:27)
3. That they be saved (Romans 10:1)
4. That Satan will be bound from blinding them to the truth (2 Cor. 4:4)
5. That God may send Christians to bring them to Christ (Matt. 9:37-38)
6. That they will repent of their sin and turn to God (Acts 3:19)
7. That the Holy Spirit will convict them and guide them into all truth (John 16:8, 13)
8. That their idols and empty religious practices would be demolished against the truth of Christ (2 Cor 10:4).
9. That they will admit their need and humbly seek Christ (John 7:37-38)
10. That they would know the hope that is in Christ alone (Psalm 146:5)
11. That they would have all their needs met in Christ (Phil 4:19)
12. That they would be counted among the multitudes for Christ (Rev 7:9)
What else could be added to this list?
Today, many of the Unreached People Groups of the world are living in our cities and communities right here in the USA. Visit us at EthnicEmbraceUSA.net to learn more about how to pray for the nations among us.