Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer
A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities
Prayer Focus July through December 2015
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or imagine according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.”
God’s desire is for us to be led by His Spirit as we unite our hearts with His, praying according to His good, acceptable and perfect will. (Romans 12:2) These prayer requests are not meant to be confining or exclusive.
Our prayer is that they will ring God’s truth to your heart, and will encourage you to boldly pray what is on His heart specifically for your city and nation on each topic -- anticipating an outpouring of His Spirit on your city and nation -- unto His glory! (Romans 11:36) The last 10 minutes will be for attendees to pray their personal requests.
1. Churches and Ministers “The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.” Romans 13:12-14
Believe that God is faithful to His word to heal our land and turn what Satan has meant for evil to be the God ordained catalyst to bring a Holy Spirit transforming revival into our lives, our city and nation. Psalm 119:160
Pray that the body of Christ will be anchored to the truth of God’s word, speak the truth in love and not let the opinions of the world divide us. Psalm 26:3, Matthew 12:25; John 17:21-23, Psalm 133:1
Pray that a man-made law against God’s Holy word will be used for good and God’s purpose to wake up His church to be eager and intentional to be totally devoted to the things of God and not the world. Rom. 12:2
Ask God to draw the unsaved to Christ. Pray that all those without Christ understand the truth that Jesus is the only way to eternal life in heaven with God. John 6:44, John 14:6 (One by one, say the name of those on your heart who you are praying for to receive Jesus as their Savior and Lord of their lives
2. Families “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
Ask God to give hope to marriages that are struggling and restore their marriages. Romans 5:5
Ask God to give hope to parents whose children have drifted away from God and bring their children into an intimate relationship with Christ. Romans 8:25
Ask God to eliminate physical and emotional abuse of children and to protect the children. Luke 17:2
3. Government and Military “You shall have no other gods before Me.” Exodus 20:3; Jesus said “...If I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all peoples to myself.” John 12:32
Pray for President Obama and America’s national officials. John 6:44, John 14:6
Pray for God’s protection for our military in harm’s way and our military bases. Ask God to uncover all of the enemy’s evil plans to harm, and bring confusion to them that will thwart their plans. Psalm 91:2-3
4. Education “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.”
Ask God to give teachers the physical strength and stamina and spiritual enlightenment to teach Godly principles that the students will follow. Isaiah 54:13, Psalm 18:32, Luke 24:45
5. Business “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
Ask God to encourage Christians in the business world to be more concerned about eternity than the temporal and to put God, their family and their church first in their lives, and all things will be added to them.
6. Media, arts and entertainment “I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me.” Psalm 119:30
Pray that God’s truth & righteous judgments will ever be before the people in this industry.
7. Special issues concerning our city and nation – “And they shall call them The Holy People, The Redeemed of the Lord; And you shall be called Sought Out, A City Not Forsaken.” Isaiah 62:12
Ask God to bless our city officials and pray that they will honor God in all decisions.
8. Christian organizations Pray for the ministries on your heart as God leads. Pray that they will be anchored to the Word of God, anointed by His power and funded by God’s people. Psalm 110:3, Romans 11:36
Pray for the WPI Celebration Dinner on September 25th and Guest Speaker, Helen Hunter and family.
Pray for Franklin Graham and the My Hope/Decision America prayer tour to State Capitols in 2016
Pray for the BGEA Festival of Hope evangelistic crusade to be held in San Antonio in 2017
We will take the last ten minutes for attendees to pray their personal requests. Please simply pray your request before the Lord, and we will agree with you in it. If you refer to any person other than yourself, use only their first name.