Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

Have any of you been woken up by God in the middle of the night to pray for something specific? Share your experience.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Judy, 

My heart goes out to you right now. I just can't imagine a church pastor not wanting the church to be a house of prayer. As small as our church is, 25-30 people, we have a prayer group that meets once a week to lift up the concerns of those in the congregation. It is vital to our faith to speak with God and intercede for others.

I hope you can find a new church which believes in the power of prayer. I have been praying for pastors who are teaching false doctrine to believers to be removed from the pulpit. I read a recent survey by George Barna that stated that many Christians are being taught false doctrine and I blame the pastors for leading so many people astray. They will have to answer to God for their actions. But in the meantime, people are being confused by all sorts of false teachings right now. What a blessing that you see the problem. If you can't get support from others to find a new pastor for your church, I would advise you to leave there. 

God will bless you for your faithfulness to Him and I have faith that He will direct you where He wants you to go. I will be praying for you to make the right decision - the enemy doesn't want you to pray and he will try to confuse you - but stand firm in your faith! Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Blessings

Marsha

Marsha,   I  think there is a misunderstanding as to my Paator's view. He wants and has tried to hold prayer meetings and for a season there were a few, however, eventually he and his wife got discouraged and stopped meeting!  I feel there is a deep need, spiritually, and I have prayed that he would desire a deeper walk with the Lord and desire to be led by the Spirit of God, or that God would move him on God has used my husband and myself in the church. It's a hard place we are in.   Thank You for your prayers.   Blessings, Judy. 

Judy,

Your desire to see your church become a house of prayer is the heart cry of many intercessors.  There are many reasons why people do not respond--I am sure you have searched high and lo to find some answers. I will encourage you with this, when we are at our lowest, Christ is His strongest.  Even after a long 30 years of praying, find a cross and go there symbolically and lay your burden there.  If you do not have a faithful prayer partner, ask God for one. 

Seek the Lord for His help as you would for treasure.  (Proverbs) You have sensed things are not right, and they have led you to prayer.  As discouraged as you are, God is still there beside you--He will never leave you.  He hears your prayers even now. 

Father, I lift up Judy to you in this time of discouragement.  You alone know the issues.  Please give her wisdom and your peace to sustain her.  Let her know You are there with her even now.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Thank You for your prayers.  God Bless You, Judy

RSS

START HERE TO . . .

Add a photo?  

Reply to a discussion?  

Blog an insight?

Post an event?

Watch (and pray) a video

Join a group?

Invite my friends/class/?

--->Take the Tour  

--->Ask A Question