Nearly 50% of all marriages in the US end in divorce...
Want to "divorce-proof" your marriage?
National Association of Marriage Enhancement reported (Read the full article by Dr. David Stoop Here
) that couples who pray together daily have a less than 1% chance of getting divorced.
1 out of 1,156 to be exact.
Yet, only 4% of Christian couples pray together! Pastors are not much better... Only 6% of pastoral couples pray together daily.
Perhaps Christian couples simply don't know where to start...
If that's you, here are six ways to kick start prayer with your spouse or significant other.
- Out Loud, Back and Forth Prayer - By praying aloud, you encourage one another and put into practice your belief that God is listening!
- Use Paul's Concise Theology of Prayer (1 Timothy 2:1-2) - "petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving..."
- Book Study - Read and pray together. Barbara and I love "My Utmost For His Highest," and "Moments Together For Couples."
- Keep Your Prayer Based In Scripture - No matter what book you use, you should always come back to the Bible as your prayer book.
- Spontaneous Prayer - Often, when we are traveling, either Barbara or I will burst out into prayer. We will not limit our prayer to the prayer closet!
- Pray With A Missions Mindset - We must pray beyond our own narrow slice of pain... Adopt an unreached people group with your spouse, or even a whole nation!
Do you value prayer with your spouse or significant other? I have just the book for you.
This E-Book gives concrete reasons and practical ways to implement Prayer in the home. Buy it today and receive instant access!
P.S. Don't forget that the best way to sustain your marriage is by establishing the family altar, and you can learn how to do that with this resource!