Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

I'm trying to consolidate all the Open Doors postings I've been doing into this group.  I will be moving the discussion featuring Prayer Alerts and Stories of Persecution to this thread.  With each entry, I'll provide the link to the actual page on the Open Doors site, as well as the text of the alert.  Please join me in praying for our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world!  

Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. -- Hebrews 12:3

Views: 194

Replies to This Discussion

Apr. 18: Nigeria - "Give Us Peace"

‘GIVE US PEACE’—PRAY EASTER PRAYERS OF PEACE WITH RAPE SURVIVORS IN NIGERIA

“Dear God, I ask that you help us, save us. Give us peace at this time of Easter (Aisha).

I bring before you my country of Nigeria. Whatever the evils ones have planned, look down on your children with mercy (Esther).

At this time of Easter, Jesus died for our sins. After He died, He rose again, and this gives us hope of salvation. His death and resurrection from the dead have given us victory (Aisha).

I pray for all doing evil. Do not destroy them, but bring them back to Your path. As we celebrate Easter, let there be peace in our land (Esther).

Continue to preserve our lives so that we work and live for You. Grant us peace of mind and keep us safe in Your hands in Jesus’ name (Aisha).”

Apr. 12: PRAY WITH NEW CHRISTIAN COUPLE BADLY BEATEN AFTER WIFE’S B...

Rahima Khatun, 30 and her husband, Razzaq, 40, are a Christian couple living in Elongipara Village in West Bangladesh who are facing severe persecution from family members for accepting Christ. The most recent and blatant attack came recently a day after Rahima was baptized. She and Razzaq were badly beaten by Razzaq’s youngest brother and his friends.

In the middle of the night, the group came to the couple’s home and attacked Razzaq. Attempting to protect her husband, Rahima was also beaten. Neighbors who heard the couple screaming managed to stop the assault that left the couple hospitalized for three days with serious injuries.

THE ONLY BELIEVER IN THE FAMILY

A little bit about Razzaq: He works as a local newspaper journalist and also raises chickens. He is the oldest of three brothers and three sisters–and most important, he is the only believer in his family. Recently, he led his wife to Christ.

Razzaq’s decision to follow Jesus has now made him a target in his family who see his conversion as a betrayal of their tribe and family. Razzaq continues to draw fire for his conversion, his meeting up with other believers and regularly attending Christian seminars. Persecution of their brother has intensified since their father’s death; they have been trying to take the family land by force and deprive Razzaq of his rights and inheritance.

And now Razzaq has received death threats and is not comfortable in his house located on the land the siblings share. He didn’t file a police report against his brother because he was told he would be killed.

“We do not feel safe living in this house,” they said after the recent attack.

This couple—our brother and sister in Christ—need our prayers.

PRAYING WITH RAZZAQ AND RAHIMA

• Pray for their healing and quick recovery. Pray that they will stand firm in their faith in the midst of persecution.
  • Church pastors and other believers have been visiting and caring for the couple.  Pray that through their Christian community, they will find strength and comfort in God and in the Body of Christ.
  • Pray for God’s protection. Pray that God’s wisdom would win over their enemies and families.

May 01: MORE EASTER ATTACKS: CHURCH IN EGYPT BURNED TO THE GROUND I...

In Mattai, a southern Egyptian town, the Christians there had set up a tent for use as a temporary sanctuary to celebrate Easter week services. Their church is under reconstruction. Believers were very much looking forward to coming together to celebrate Jesus’ work on the cross and the eternal life we have in Him.

At 4 am on Good Friday, radical Muslims sneaked in and set the church tent on fire. Furnished with chairs, a small altar and all other sound equipment, the tent was destroyed in just a few minutes.

For Christians in Mattai, the pile of burned ruins is a reminder of the pain and loss they have endured over the last several years as Muslim extremist groups and mobs have attacked both en masse (such as 2017’s Palm Sunday bombings in two churches) and in isolated incidents.

The team worker shares: “What a paradox! Radical Muslims, with hearts full of hatred, have burned a tent in which Christians were to celebrate the ultimate act of God’s love through the death and resurrection of Jesus!”

Please join us in praying with the Christians and leaders of this church–as well all Christians and churches in Egypt who live under intense oppression and threat of violence.

May the name of Jesus be glorified in our land even through painful seasons, and may the love of God in Jesus touch and soften the hardened hearts.”

RSS

START HERE TO . . .

Add a photo?  

Reply to a discussion?  

Blog an insight?

Post an event?

Watch (and pray) a video

Join a group?

Invite my friends/class/?

--->Take the Tour  

--->Ask A Question

Videos