Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

Dear Praying Friends,

Here's what's up for the next 25 Years of Ministry:
  • Regional Prayer Conferences: to strengthen and encourage the church in prayer.

• Producing strategic resources: books, prayer guides, videos, and via social media.
  • Watch for Prayer University: teaching and training in cooperation with some of the finest teachers on prayer in the nation.
  • Roadmap to a Praying Church: We are looking for 5 “beta” churches who want to be “all in” towards becoming a praying church (a house of prayer for all nations. Pastors - connect with us if you want to be one of the 5! 
Blessings,
Dave & Kim Butts
OPEN HOUSE
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5
7 - 9 PM
COME SEE OUR NEW OFFICES!
2800 POPLAR ST, SUITE 43-L
Meadows Shopping Center
TERRE HAUTE, IN
Prayer and Care for Pastors and Their Families - Not Just in October! 
How can you pray effectively for your pastor and his family? The first thing that is needed is to make a commitment to pray for them daily. If your pastor knew that you, your family, and others were praying for him each day . . . can you imagine what an encouragement that would be? 
What Should I Do When I Don't Feel Like Praying?
There are days, seasons, or events in all of our lives that sometimes seem to paralyze our hearts and leave no words available to us for prayer. When this happens, the first thing to do is remember that God is still there.
>
Join us on a Harvest Prayer Ministries Prayer Journey
When you receive this newsletter, Dave and Kim Butts of Harvest Prayer Ministries will be leading a prayer journey in Israel (Oct 22-31). If you have always wanted to travel with a spiritual purpose, check this out!
In 2019 we are planning two prayer journeys:
Washington DC - Spring
Israel - Fall
If you are interested in more information about one or both of these prayer journeys, contact us at:

Pray for the Nation with New Prayer App!
Pray for our nation every day with other believers from across the body of Christ!
What would happen if 50 million people were praying the same prayer and declaring God’s promises together everyday? Would it make a difference to God? His word says it does, “…if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”  Matthew 18: 19-20

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Connected Headplate
February 1, 2017
Dear Phil,

When we become a follower of Jesus, a journey begins--a journey to conform us to the image of Christ. Prayer is a key element in that journey. The more we learn to pray, the greater the work of the Father in our hearts. This issue of "Connected" encourages you to go deeper in that journey by learning to pray prayers that seek Christlikeness in our lives and prayers based on God's Word that conform us to the image of Jesus. We hope you are blessed by what you see here.

A Prayer to Be Christlike

By Kim Butts

Kim ButtsEvery morning I try to pray, "Father, show me how to be more like Jesus Christ today so that You will be glorified!" 

Knowing that every day I will fall short of this goal, I take joy in the smallest victories to this end!

Learning to Pray Scripture Can Revolutionize Your Prayer Life!
While the methods and practices of prayer are varied from individual to individual, we know of no more powerful method of prayer than learning to pray Scripture. When we learn to pray God's Word back to Him, something happens that opens up a whole new level of effectiveness. Here is Ty King, the author of the Pray the Word series, explain what praying Scripture means to her:

We have developed a number of resources that will help you learn to pray God's Word or to teach others to do so. We encourage you to check them out.
We highly recommend:

Connected Headplate
February 15, 2017 
Dear Phil,

One of the areas of our spiritual life we all struggle with is the up and down flow of our passion for God and His Presence. Sometimes we are excited about our walk with Him and are taking steps to go deeper, and other times we seem somewhat indifferent. This issue of Connectedoffers a few thoughts on that subject. We hope you enjoy Kim's blog on being aware of God's Presence and that you take 3 minutes to listen to Jon's video. Near the end he offers a simple, but powerful prayer you can pray that is sure to increase your hunger and passion for God. 

By Kim Butts

Kim Butts
I am on a journey to narrow the gaps of unawareness of Christ's Presence within me so that the truth of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 can take root in my spirit and grow to fullness. "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

A Simple Way to Grow Your Hunger for God
A Simple Way to Grow Your Hunger for God

Resources to Grow Your Hunger

Here are two suggested resources we recommend that will grow your hunger and passion for God:

The Practice of the Presence of God. A timeless classic, written by Brother Lawrence, who learned how to experience the Presence of God even when he was washing the dishes!

The Pray! Prayer Journal. If you need daily encouragement to spendPray Prayer Journal time with the Lord in Bible reading and prayer, this popular prayer journal can help! It has a daily Bible reading plan, 12 prayer guides and regular helps for your prayer life.

Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.

Connected Headplate
February 28, 2017
We all have a desire to better connect with God through prayer. But for many of us, it is a struggle! Jesus' disciples prayed regularly, but they saw something different in Jesus' prayer life than they experienced in their own. So they said the smartest thing they ever asked of Jesus: "Lord, teach us to pray!"
This issue of "Connected" is all about the prayer life of Jesus. We encourage you to read Dave's article and learn some things about Jesus' prayer life that can change yours! And don't miss the bonus at the end of Dave's article--a short sidebar by Jon Graf, "What Is Jesus Praying?"

By Dave Butts
I will never forget the question, even though 20 years have passed since I heard it. I had just settled into an easy chair in the living room of a pastor friend to discuss the possibility of his church supporting our new prayer venture, Harvest Prayer Ministries. Before I could begin my appeal, he startled me by saying, "So you're starting a prayer ministry. What is your personal prayer life like?"

It was a valid question. If you are going to teach about prayer, you had better be praying! 

Resources to Help You Pray Like Jesus
If you want to pray more like Jesus, here are two resources that will help you .

Power PrayingPower Praying: Hearing Jesus' Spirit by Praying Jesus' Prayer is an 8-week personal or group Bible study based on the Lord's Prayer. A very unique look at this prayer, Power Praying looks at it from a spiritual warfare perspective. 

A DVD of the author, Dr. David Chotka, offering a 9-10-minute teaching each week to start group discussion is also available.  

Encountering JesusEncountering Jesus: Praying the Commands of Christ into Your Life by Norval Hadley, with Dave and Kim Butts engages the reader to pray for the ability to follow Jesus' statement to "obey all that I have commanded you." Encountering Jesus has 30 short devotionals, each with points to ponder about the command and then prayer points and a prayer to help. Great resource for a group to work through and pray together.

Harvest Prayer Ministries, P.O. Box 10667, Terre Haute, IN 47801

Connected Headplate
March 14, 2017

Most of us have a way we like to pray (on our knees, head bowed, looking up to heaven, etc.). But what are the postures that were used in the Bible? And is it okay to mix it up? In this issue of "Connected" Kim Butts shares on this interesting topic that can bring fresh life to your times of prayer. 
Another word to the wise: If you want to save money when you purchase resources from us, we recommend that you join the Church Prayer Leaders Network. This annual membership provides a subscription to Prayer Connect magazine and discounts of 10-15% on most purchases at prayershop.orgFor More Information

Kim ButtsBy Kim Butts

Over the past several years, God has been stretching my creativity and my imagination in prayer. It has been such a refreshing season of growth for me, as I am one who, in the past, tended to get stuck in comfortable ruts. 
Like many of us, I grew up praying with my head bowed, eyes closed and hands folded in my lap. I was often told that this posture came about as an effective way to keep children from doing what they shouldn't  do during prayer time. The practice continued into my adulthood, as I was never taught another way. Even in worship services, it is common to hear the admonition to "close your eyes and bow your heads" as we are led in prayer.

As I studied the Bible, I discovered multiple examples for utilizing our bodies and our voices in prayer. This started a rich practice of utilizing the numerous ways God's people in Scripture and throughout the ages sought and responded to Him in prayer and intercession.

Resources to Deepen Your Walk with Jesus
If you want to grow in your walk with God, here are several resources we highly recommend that can help you!

Pray the Word: 90 Prayers That Touch the Heart of God by Ty King will dramatically impact anyone who uses it. It encourages you to open your heart to all God wants to do in and through you by teaching you to pray Scriptures. The 90 prayers in this book are designed to start you off, but they also encourage you to pray beyond just the written prayer on the page. In fact, each prayer has space to journal your own prayer using the same scriptures, or to record what God is revealing to you through the prayer.

Regular Price: $14.99
Our Price: $11.99
CPLN Member Price: $9.99

With Christ in the School of Prayer is Andrew Murray's all-time bestselling classic work on prayer. It offers an amazing about of insight in its 31 chapters. Read a chapter a day or one a week as you mine its depths and grow your prayer life.

Regular Price:  $8.99
Our Price: $7.99
CPLN Member Price: $6.99

To Keep Ministering, HPM Needs the Gifts of Those Who Are Blessed By Our Ministry!
Connected Headplate
March 28, 2017 
Dear Phil,

Living a life of intimacy with God is hard. There are so many pitfalls and distractions that keep us from even seeking more intimacy with Jesus. This email is focused on some simple truths about seeking intimacy with God. Check out my blog on practicing intimacy even in the midst of a busy life, and a bonus article by Jamie Overholser: "Doing the Dance Together."
Be sure to check out the recommended resources below as well!

By Kim Butts
I pondered over Christy's dilemma: "How do I maintain a disciplined devotional time with God when I work full time and care for an infant?" She was exhausted after several days of travel to a conference for her work and her struggle was palpable, even over the phone. Uttering the most simple of prayers was difficult for her weary spirit. 

I remembered when I, as a young parent, felt this same struggle. I wished that I had known then what I have now experienced to be true about prayer. I want to dedicate this blog to all of those for whom lack of time due to busyness, family obligations, work, serving others, and even church activities, have blocked or slowed their spiritual passion.

By Jamie Overholser
I dread one particular situation. It happens once every couple of years. It's when I'm at a wedding reception and my wife reaches out her hand and asks me to go to the dance floor. I cringe. I can't dance! I wish I could. As a musician, I can feel the beat and keep rhythm, but it does not translate into bodily movement on a dance floor. The only dance I will attempt to do in public is a slow dance with my wife since it only requires hugging and swaying.
What gets me through my fear of dancing is the thought that my wife wants to be close to me. Because of this, I will take her hand and say, "Only because I love you so much."
Perhaps you feel the same way when you sense God extending His hand in your direction.

If you want to dig deeper into this topic of intimacy, we recommend getting a copy of Prayer Connect Issue 23 - Embracing Intimacy. It includes Jamie's article and two others on the subject . . . plus a Bible study. Normally it sells for $5.00. Use Code Intimacy4 by March 31st and get it at 50% off on all copies purchased. (The code goes into the "Apply Code" box on the checkout page. Note that code only works on up to 99 copies, then the normal multiple copy discount applies.)

REMEMBER: Discount only works if you use the code: Intimacy4 at checkout!

Connected Headplate
April 11, 2017
Dear Phil,

This weekend, we celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Wrapped up within what we celebrate is not only the act Jesus did to pay the penalty for our sins, but how it brought us to new life and a personal relationship with God! This week, ponder again the truth of what you have because of Jesus.
In this issue of Connected, I share another "3 tips" article. My tips are on ways to maintain silence within our times in the Lord's Presence. I encourage you to read through it and perhaps let its ideas deepen your times with Jesus.
I also want to encourage you to check out below, the new prayer guides we have just released.

3 Tips to Experience Jesus' Presence in Silence

By Kim Butts
"Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near" (Isaiah 55:6).
Do you find that you are sometimes easily sidetracked from the importance of an issue at hand by small, insignificant things that can cause you to lose your focus completely?  I am very susceptible to such distractions, especially when I am attempting to attend to my soul. For instance, it is a simple thing to be intent upon sitting in the lovely company of the Father, only to find that something left undone on my "to do" list can quickly yank me out of His presence.
My ultimate goal is to be so fixed upon Jesus that nothing can keep me from seeking more of Him once He and I are in the midst of a sweet time of communion. Here are some prayer strategies I have learned that can help you remain in the Presence of God without allowing the persistent annoyances of life to intrude, even if you are in the middle of them. When practiced regularly, they can allow your love relationship with the Father through prayer to be embedded into the natural flow of life. 

3 Exciting Resources to Make Your Prayer Connection More Dynamic
Come Away with Me
Come Away with Me
 is an excellent resource to help you prepare for and hold a personal prayer retreat. Written by the former editor of Pray!magazine, Come Away with Me is loaded with ideas and tips to help you connect with God in a deeper way on a personal prayer retreat. We are currently offering it at 50% off the retail price!

Regular Price: $8.99
Sale Price: $4.49

More Information or to Purchase

2 Brand New Prayer Guides

We have just released the first two products in a new line of prayer guides. These guides are highly targeted scripture-based guides that will help you and your people to pray more regularly and effectively. The first two guides appeared in recent issues of Prayer Connect magazine.
Prayers for First Responders by Dave and Kim Butts, provides 10 areas of prayer, scriptures and specific prayers to pray for policemen, firemen and medical personal, who often are the first to respond in dangerous situations. Every church should equip people to pray for these responders in your community. This full-color prayer guide is formatted in an 4.25" x 8.5" folded brochure, that can open to 8.5" x 17".
Regular Price: $11.99
Our Price: $10.99

For More Information or to Purchase
Targeted Prayers for Your Church by Sandra Higley is a guide that focuses on 31 different areas of church life and ministry. A powerful guide that will get your people praying kingdom-minded prayers for your church, Targeted Prayers for Your Church has consistently been the most popular page across all three of our websites almost every day for the past five years! People love it! This full-color prayer guide is formatted in an 4.25" x 8.5" folded brochure, that can open to 8.5" x 17".
Regular Price: $11.99

Connected Headplate
May 17, 2017 
Dear Phil,

Greetings. You may have wondered why you did not receive an email from us in the last few weeks. I have been traveling and found it very hard to complete the regular schedule--mostly because I was on the other side of the world. I was in Herrnhut, Germany for a consultation of prayer and missions leaders. We spent the week praying together, hearing reports of what God is doing around the world, and discussing ways we can rally more prayer for the completion of the Great Commission.
Herrnhut was the location of a great outpouring of the Spirit that happened last week, 290 years ago. The Holy Spirit fell on a group of Moravian believers who went on to begin a non-stop prayer meeting that lasted more than 100 years! (Photo is inside the actual church where this powerful visitation occurred.) Out of that came the modern missions movement and revivals all over the world. I am sure you will hear more about it in the coming days as I process what I experienced.
For now, I hope you enjoy my article on prayer becoming as natural as breathing . . . and be sure to check out the information about the changes that are coming to HPM over the next few months!

Prayer: As Natural as Breathing

By Jonathan Graf

Many of us have physical habits that are so ingrained we do not even think about them. We just do them. They are "as natural as breathing."
At the National Day of Prayer gathering in Washington, D.C., I heard Senate Chaplain Barry Black talk about prayer needing to be "as natural as breathing." He used as his text 1 Thessalonians 5:17: "Pray continually." And he explained that prayer should be such an integral part of our lives as believers that we just do it-all the time.
Over the years, the admonition to pray continually has been a guide for what I desire in my life. I am not remotely there yet, but I am improving. My desire is that prayer will be something that comes naturally to me throughout the day. I want my mind to automatically go to the throne room at any given moment-as natural as breathing. I want prayer to be the first thing I think about and do in any situation that comes my way.

Exciting Changes Coming to HPM!
We are in the midst of a year of change! Part of that change will be a new look to all of our "ministry branding"--the look of HPM. As part of this re-branding, we have designed a new logo,  we are in the final stages of a redesign of our online store Prayershop.org, and by summer's end we will have a new look at our three main websites (harvestprayer.comprayerconnect.net, and prayerleader.com) as they are being completely redesigned.

We hope you will like what you see . . . and you will find our websites easier to navigate so you can find the valuable prayer help you need.

If there are no delays, you should be receiving an announcement later this week regarding the launch of our new store. Keep watching! 

DONATE TO HARVEST PRAYER MINISTRIES

Connected

May 17, 2017

Greetings. You may have wondered why you did not receive an email from us in the last few weeks. I have been traveling and found it very hard to complete the regular schedule--mostly because I was on the other side of the world. I was in Herrnhut, Germany for a consultation of prayer and missions leaders. We spent the week praying together, hearing reports of what God is doing around the world, and discussing ways we can rally more prayer for the completion of the Great Commission.
Herrnhut was the location of a great outpouring of the Spirit that happened last week, 290 years ago. The Holy Spirit fell on a group of Moravian believers who went on to begin a non-stop prayer meeting that lasted more than 100 years! (Photo is inside the actual church where this powerful visitation occurred.) Out of that came the modern missions movement and revivals all over the world. I am sure you will hear more about it in the coming days as I process what I experienced.
For now, I hope you enjoy my article on prayer becoming as natural as breathing . . . and be sure to check out the information about the changes that are coming to HPM over the next few months!

Prayer: As Natural as Breathing

By Jonathan Graf

Many of us have physical habits that are so ingrained we do not even think about them. We just do them. They are "as natural as breathing."

At the National Day of Prayer gathering in Washington, D.C., I heard Senate Chaplain Barry Black talk about prayer needing to be "as natural as breathing." He used as his text 1 Thessalonians 5:17: "Pray continually." And he explained that prayer should be such an integral part of our lives as believers that we just do it-all the time.
Over the years, the admonition to pray continually has been a guide for what I desire in my life. I am not remotely there yet, but I am improving. My desire is that prayer will be something that comes naturally to me throughout the day. I want my mind to automatically go to the throne room at any given moment-as natural as breathing. I want prayer to be the first thing I think about and do in any situation that comes my way.
Read more . . .

Exciting Changes Coming to HPM!
We are in the midst of a year of change! Part of that change will be a new look to all of our "ministry branding"--the look of HPM. As part of this re-branding, we have designed a new logo, we are in the final stages of a redesign of our online store Prayershop.org, and by summer's end we will have a new look at our three main websites (harvestprayer.com, prayerconnect.net, and prayerleader.com) as they are being completely redesigned.

We hope you will like what you see . . . and you will find our websites easier to navigate so you can find the valuable prayer help you need.

If there are no delays, you should be receiving an announcement later this week regarding the launch of our new store. Keep watching!

Harvest Prayer Ministries, P.O. Box 10667, Terre Haute, IN 47801

Connected Headplate
June 14, 2017 
Dear Phil,

Have you ever thought you heard God speak, but were not sure? I think most believers struggle to recognize the difference between God's voice, their own thoughts and the voice of the enemy. This issue of "Connected" tackles that tough issue. We trust you will be blessed by it.
Also, we seldom ask directly in these emails, but if you have been blessed by our ministry, would you consider giving a financial gift to us today? Giving always drops off in the summer months. We could really use your help financially so we can continue strong throughout the summer. Thanks you.

The Requirement to Hear God's Voice

By Ted and Isaiah Kallman
Ted KallmanA woman in mid-Michigan had just begun to listen for the voice of God while she prayed. Driving home one day, she felt something in her spirit say, "Stop in the 7-Eleven and go stand on your head next to the pop machine."
Was that God? Then she heard that internal voice again, "Stop in the 7-Eleven and go stand on your head next to the pop machine."
By now she could see the 7-Eleven, but she was determined to continue on her way home. God didn't make insane requests like that, especially not to people like her. Old Testament prophets and ascetic Nazarenes, maybe-but not normal people. 
This time, the nudge had urgency. "Go back to the 7-Eleven and stand on your head next to the pop machine."

Great Resources on Hearing God Speak
Stark Raving ObedienceStark Raving Obedience: Radical Results from Listening Prayer  is one of the easiest-to-understand books on the subject of hearing God speak. If you have not read this book yet, we highly recommend it to you. It will teach you how to:
  • have a two-way communicating relationship with God
  • discern God's will for everyday decisions
  • pray in faith in the situations you face
  • develop a lifestyle of obedience to God's voice
Regular Price: $12.99
CPLN Member Price: $8.99
Can You Hear Me: Tuning in to the God Who Speaks and its companion for kids, Children, Can You Hear Me are also two excellent resources on the topic of hearing God. Each retails for $19.95, but we sell them for $17.99.

Prayer News, Tips and Resources
/>
"/>
/> "/>
Hello Praying Friends!
We are so excited to share some great resources and information with you to encourage your personal prayer life and the prayer life of your church!
In This Issue: Six Ways to Keep Focused in Prayer, Is Your Prayer Room Just Pretty...or Powerful?, The Life of Prayer for the Life of Service ...and more!
God is orchestrating the largest prayer movement in the history of the earth! More people are praying with passion and many more churches are engaging the process of becoming a house of prayer than we have seen since we began this ministry 25 years ago! We are excited for this next season of ministry and eager for you to join us as we train and encourage all generations in kingdom-advancing, presence-based prayer that brings glory and honor to God! Now more than ever, the Church needs to embrace prayer as its foundational strategy for the transformation of people, culture and nations!
Your Church’s Prayer Room:
Pretty…or Powerful?
After being in prayer ministry for over 25 years, we have been in hundreds of prayer rooms in churches of every stripe. There are three basic types or prayer rooms:
Six Ways to Keep Focused in Prayer
Let’s face it! Many of us struggle to stay focused when we pray. Our culture is busy and there are so many things vying for our attention. What are some simple ways to combat the wandering mind when we want to focus our attention on God in prayer?
"
Connection! Prayer Devotions for Everyday Life
This powerful and FREE daily devotion includes prayer points and a prayer to pray focused on each day's reading. Join thousands of others who receive Connection! in their inbox every day.
The Devil Goes to Church is a powerful study on the subtle and not-so-subtle methods Satan uses to keep believers and churches from being a kingdom-focused house of prayer. Good for small group, whole church or individual study.
The Life of Prayer for the Life of Service
By David Butts
Burnout…wear-out…stress….all too often these can characterize the effective Christian servant. Even a famous Bible character like Elijah faced the issue of dropping out of serving God. He was so depressed over his perceived inadequacies that he wanted to die.
Harvest Prayer Ministries | 812-230-3130 | info@harvestprayer.com | www.harvestprayer.com

RSS

START HERE TO . . .

Add a photo?  

Reply to a discussion?  

Blog an insight?

Post an event?

Watch (and pray) a video

Join a group?

Invite my friends/class/?

--->Take the Tour  

--->Ask A Question

Videos