Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

The Global Prayer Digest is a daily devotional encouraging prayer for Unreached Peoples.  A ministry of Frontier Ventures (formerly the US Center for World Mission), this devotional is available as a daily subscription from the GPD website (see link above). 

Keith Carey, the editor-in-chief of the Global Prayer Digest, has graciously given me permission to post their daily devotions here in order to encourage more prayer for the Unreached Peoples.  Please join in the prayer for the gospel to go to the ends of the earth (Matthew 24:14).  If you find these devotions helpful, you can subscribe to their daily e-mail or to the printed publication - or just check them out here on Pray.Network!  Past monthly issues of the GPD are also available on their site.

Views: 1058

Replies to This Discussion

December 7: Healings in Iran

Fadila knew her mother was sick. She’d been bedridden since having a stroke. None of the doctors could do anything for her. Later one of Fadila’s brothers brought two men of faith to the house. “They have the ability to heal,” he said. The men prayed in the name of Jesus, and their mother was healed. She rose from her bed and the entire family decided to follow Jesus after that.

The above incident happened in Iran. The names of the people involved have been changed for security reasons. God is using people in Iran with the gift of healing to lead people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Almost all of these new believers come from Muslim backgrounds. They are learning that Jesus Christ not only has the power to heal, but also the compassion to take care of them in their time of need. They see both power and true holiness in Jesus.

Pray that divine healings will continue to happen in Iran. Ask God to direct new believers to places of worship where Christ is glorified, and people are being discipled in the ways of the Lord. Pray for the Holy Spirit to give people who have been healed the willingness to boldly pray for others in the name of Jesus.

Luke 9:2, NET

…and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

Pray that when there are divine healings that Iranian Muslims will see that the true God of Heaven is at work in their midst. Pray for healings to lead to the extension of His Kingdom in Iran.

December 8: Mohabat TV

Romans 10:14b says, “… how are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him?” (NRSV)

The Mohabat TV channel is the satellite-media arm of Heart4Iran ministries, a partnership of over 50 ministries reaching the Farsi speakers of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. They have a strong presence on social media and connect with their viewers through phone, email, Facebook, and chat. Mohabat TVs program response team receives 10,000 to 15,000 monthly contacts from Muslims of Iran asking about Jesus. It touches lives and gives hope to people like Jaleh, a poet from Esfahan, Iran. She has a painful past and could not sleep well for 20 years. One night she was watching television and came across the Mohabat channel. She watched for 10 hours straight and ended up desiring to have the same God in her life that the people on this channel have. She prayed to Jesus and asked Him to forgive all of her sins. She then slept well for the first time in 20 years and woke up full of peace and love. Also, her daughter was miraculously healed after being treated by doctors for a suicide attempt.

Pray with thanksgiving to God for testimonies like Jaleh’s! Pray for more lives to be changed by Jesus because of Mohabat TV programming.—Helen Darsie, guest writer and Dr. Mike Ansari, President, Heart4Iran

1 Timothy 3:2-3, NKJV

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous…

Pray that as Iran’s emerging house church grows, the Holy Spirit will raise up many servant leaders who fit this description.

December 9: SAT-7 PARS Satellite TV

Tara used the messaging app Telegram to tell the SAT-7 PARS satellite television channel that God is working in her life. She asks for continued prayers as she experiences and witnesses the wonderful works of Christ and how He has defeated the evil one and set her free. He is redeeming her, and she desires to remain in Him.

SAT-7 PARS reaches viewers who want to know about following Christ and believers who need to be encouraged in their faith. Iran has 80 million people, and more than 60 percent are under 30. Many of these young people are disillusioned by heavy political restrictions and a poor economy. The result is that they turn to immorality, drugs, and even suicide to alleviate their desperation.

SAT-7 PARS offers those who see their future as bleak and hopeless the truth of the good news of Christ, the only hope. Expatriate Iranian believers who recognize the importance of supporting Iranian churches with solid biblical materials operate the channel. The broadcasts are in Farsi, and they reach Iran and two countries that speak similar languages, Afghanistan and Tajikistan. SAT-7 PARS airs original programming daily for children, youth, and women. It also broadcasts teaching programs for all audiences.

Pray for the Lord to prosper the efforts of the faithful servants working at SAT-7 PARS. Pray for many more to give their lives to Him due to what they see and hear on this channel.—Helen Darsie, Guest writer

2 Timothy 4:17, NKJV

But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Pray for missionaries in the Muslim World to feel the Lord’s presence as they take the Lord’s mercy to people who rely on the law.

December 10: Kaleo International Work in Central Asia

How would you get Bibles and the JESUS Film to people in Muslim Central Asia if those who owned hard copies were frequently martyred? Would you give up, or find a different way to make sure people had God’s truth?

Kaleo International found a solution that is discreet enough to allow people to read God’s Word and view the JESUS Film in a local language without being detected. The answer involves using SD cards that people commonly use for their cell phones.

However, once the Word of God gets to people in this part of the world, the work of the Holy Spirit is being detected through healings, though children being raised from the dead, and through loving fellowships of Christ’s disciples.

How can people argue with healings in the Name of Jesus Christ, the healer and soon coming King? The gospel will go out despite man’s best efforts to stop it. The time for the gospel to spread throughout Central Asia is now, and the work will not be stopped!

Thank the Lord that the gospel is being preached in this part of the world where the enemy has tried so hard to prevent it. Pray for boldness tempered by love among the new believers in Central Asia. Pray for efforts to plant churches and win disciples to Christ that will affect all unreached people groups.—KC

(Kaleointernational.org)

1 Timothy 2:5-6, NKJV

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time…

Pray for those who take the gospel to unreached nations to make it clear that Jesus is the only mediator between God and man.

December 11: Azerbaijanis in the Caucasus Mountain Region

“Solomon, his mother, and brother were standing at our door. He had invested thousand of dollars in a business transaction with a man for whom he had also done months of labor. The business deal bottomed out, and the same man refused to pay him for his work.”

“This conflict drove them to a fortuneteller. They hoped the spiritualist would tell them the outcome of the conflict and would cast curses upon the man. They have spent large sums of money on similar fortunetellers in the past. Rather than finding greater freedom, Solomon and his family moved into greater bondage with each visit to the fortuneteller. They see the clear results of the bondage in their lives. Years of discouraging events in Solomon's life drove him to hopelessness, believing that his life is beyond repair.”

“Many steps of ‘providence’ connected our family with Solomon’s. We have shared with them about the freedom and victory that only Jesus can give, not only with Solomon, but also with several of his relatives. They are listening to the Scriptures recorded in their language. We take every opportunity to open up God’s salvation plan.”

Pray that Solomon, his family, and his extended family members will embrace the freedom that can only be found in Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:6-7, NKJV

Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Pray that church leaders in the Muslim world will refrain from economic corruption. Pray that they will be content with what God provides.

December 12: Ministry from Unreached Peoples

Last month and earlier this month you saw how the unreached Persians of Iran have been forming house churches. Thanks to their efforts, the gospel is spreading in Iran. Members of unreached people groups have found Jesus and can be used in a mighty way to serve the Lord.

There is a woman from another unreached Central Asian people group that is being used by God in her part of the world. I will use the pseudonym Gwen. Here is what she has to say:

“The last two years … I worked with Afghan refugees in a Central Asian country. One and a half years ago there emerged an underground Afghan fellowship starting in an amazing way by God. I have testimonies of two brothers who came to the Lord and you will be amazed! The International church in that country has also been involved in this by helping to buy some food and praying for the refugees.”

Pioneer workers often pay a heavy price for taking the gospel to the final unreached people groups. Gwen has no team of people to come alongside her in this important work. Today let us come alongside her in prayer.

Pray for the Lord to be a sanctuary for Gwen as she labors for His kingdom. Pray for good health and a team of people to work with her for whatever time it takes to ensure there is a lasting disciple-making movement in this area.

2 Timothy 4:16, NKJV

At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them.

Pray for many to stand alongside those who take the gospel to the Muslim peoples. Pray that 2017 will be the year when two people will join Gwen’s work in Central Asia.

December 13: Radio LIFE

“I was listening to the radio, and I heard nice music that I had not heard before. I found out the program was religious because the name of it was ‘living in forgiveness.’ At first I thought it was Islamic, but I found out it was about the Bible.” Abbar, a young man living in Pakistan, was gratefully writing a thank you letter to Radio LIFE. He continued, “I sent you an email to inquire about what you were playing on the radio and wanted to know more about your religion. Thank you for sending me the free Urdu copies of the Bible, the Bible literature, and the Bible CD. I am from a Muslim background and I never heard such soft, kind, and loving teachings on forgiveness. I always learned about wrath, punishment, and hell. The Bible teaches that the Lord forgives us, and we are saved through Jesus. Now I am learning more and getting ready to be baptized. I’m sharing the teachings from the Lord with others in my tribe. Some are eager to read the Bible and know more about Jesus.”

Radio LIFE is faithfully producing Bible radio programs that are drawing Muslims and others to learn more about the living Lord. They have had a wonderful response. They are also sending Bibles in Urdu and Pashto to spiritually hungry Muslims in other various areas.

Pray that thousands of listeners will respond to Radio LIFE next year and will be blessed with God’s powerful gift of forgiveness.

Mark 1:4, NIV

And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching the baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Pray that Muslims who hear these radio broadcasts will receive the gift of faith in the words of John the Baptist who preached that there is no forgiveness of sins apart from Jesus Christ.

Dec. 14: Seed of Abraham Radio

Bashir, a Jordanian, was giving his testimony. “I came from a strong Muslim family. One day I heard that Jesus taught people the great commandments of God, including forgiving one another. I wanted to know more and wanted to read the Bible. My father found out, and he was so angry that he almost hit me. My hunger to know about Christ grew more and more. One day I was on the Internet, and I remembered my Christian friend told me about a radio/Internet program called the ‘Seed of Abraham.’ I found the site and heard a man read from the Bible, ‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.’ I returned to this web site many times. When I went to the mosque I prayed to Jesus, and then I asked Him into my life. I received His peace!” 

The Seed of Abraham Bible studies are broadcast in Arabic and English over the transmitters of the High Adventure radio station on shortwave and the Internet. Because they go into the Middle East, they address the spiritual concerns of Muslims, Jews, and Christians.

Pray that God’s Word will encourage Seed of Abraham listeners and bring them to the Lord with all their hearts.

Matthew 11:28-30, NIV

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Pray that this verse will draw many heavily burdened Muslims to the loving arms of Jesus Christ, the only Savior.

Dec. 15: Horizons International

The Kurdish husband led his family to a bus parked along the side of a mountain road. Pierre, a young man, met them at the bus door. The husband peeked around the corner to see if anyone was following them before explaining why they were in Lebanon. “We got tired of the fighting in Syria.” Pointing at the bus, Pierre replied, “I will take you to a safe place.” The family boarded the bus, and Pierre drove it to a refugee center.

The above hypothetical story illustrates part of the work of Horizons International. Georges and Pierre are the father and son team that run this ministry.

Horizons International provides a refugee center in Beirut, Lebanon for refugees fleeing the civil war in neighboring Syria. Most of the refugees are Syrian Kurds. The center is called Hope of the Nations, and that is what it provides. In addition to food and shelter, they have special ministries for women and children to learn about the ways of Jesus. They offer counseling and prayer to those who need it. During the last three years there have been over 850 professions of faith. People who put their faith in Christ are encouraged to attend local churches in Lebanon.

Pray that Georges and Pierre will be kept safe and well. Pray that those finding Christ through this ministry will grow in spiritual maturity.

2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Pray for leaders in the Church to refrain from fear, and walk in boldness and truth. Pray for the Holy Spirit to give calmness, clear thinking, and safety to people who are being driven out of their homes.

Dec. 16: Socotran people of Yemen

Sometimes we catch a glimpse of how God orchestrates circumstances behind the scenes in answer to prayer. Here is a recent example: The Socotran people live on an island off the coast of Yemen, an Islamic country known for its hostility to the gospel. A Global Recording Network (GRN) staff member prayed for a way to get the gospel message to the Socotran people. He was not alone. He visited a man in prison and told him about the Socotran. The man was astounded. He had read about this group in National Geographic a year earlier and, together with fellow inmates, had prayed for the Socotran people ever since!

Out of the blue GRN received an email from a man called Nadheer. He had seen GRN’s website and wanted to help make recordings for these people! Why would someone from an unreached group in an off-limits country just “happen” to come across GRN’s website and respond? Prayer must have played an important part!

We don’t yet know the end of the story. When we grapple with a challenging language, we encounter delays and setbacks. It is very difficult to obtain permission to visit the country. While we pray, God works.

Ask the Lord to enable GRN to make an accurate recording of the gospel message in the Socotran language. Pray for believers to persistently ask God for other unreached peoples in Yemen.

1 Timothy 2:8, NKJV

I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting…

Pray for spiritual peace in our churches that will allow for unhindered prayer and unhindered fellowship with God.

Dec. 17: Breakthroughs in Syria

The world looks at Syria and sees war and refugees, but missionaries on the ground see a spiritual war taking place. Some workers have relocated to adjacent countries where Syrian refugees are fleeing. An Operation Mobilization (OM) couple who have worked in Syria for over 20 years have been astounded at the complete change and openness on the part of refugees. Where once only a few Muslims would attend a local church, now over half of the congregation is Muslim. They are hungry for prayer, and they know that prayer works. Prayer for jobs, prayer for healing, prayer for food. In their great need, they are finding Jesus. New believers say that after prayer, food sometimes miraculously appears on the road.

Before the war, it was impossible to reach women in the Kurdish villages of Syria. But now, as refugees in other countries, they are welcomed and loved by churches and missionaries. Some meetings will see 50-70 refugee women come together with their children. They hear stories about Jesus, and it is changing their lives. Through the horrors and displacement resulting from war, God has opened their hearts to hear His Word. New believers are now ministering to and praying for other Muslims. Biblical evangelism is alive and well!

Ask God to supernaturally supply the material needs of these Syrian refugees. Pray that these new believers will spread His Word throughout the region.

1 Timothy 1:15-16, NKJV

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

Pray for missionaries to humbly take the same attitude of Paul and consider themselves to be the worst of sinners, saved by grace.

Dec. 18: SAT-7 Satellite TV

Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, God is leading souls out of the darkness and into the light of Christ through this [SAT-7] channel,” says its founder, Dr. Michael Youssef. What is SAT-7? It is an international satellite television channel that offers sound biblical teaching to the Muslim world. God gave Dr. Youssef this vision, and in 2009, it began broadcasting the gospel 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For the past seven years broadcasts have been reaching into millions of homes in the Middle East, bringing hope and spiritual transformation. KINGDOM SAT broadcasts in English, Arabic, French, and Indonesian. Viewer responses are encouraged, and there are follow-up teams in 14 locations to evangelize and disciple viewers who respond using Skype, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, text, mail, and phone.

There are no barriers for God! His Word is traveling into areas where Christian workers have had to flee. Isaiah 55:11, NIV says, “So is my Word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”

Responses indicate that the Word is feeding the deepest needs of these desperate, persecuted people feeling so hopeless.

Praise God that His Word cannot be stopped. Ask God to provide the workers on the ground to follow up all of the viewer responses.

Psalm 102:18-20, NKJV

Let this be written for a future generation …. The Lord looked down … from heaven He viewed the earth, to hear the groans of the prisoners and release those condemned to death.

Pray today for those who are doubly imprisoned—both physically and spiritually. Pray for those attempting to release the nations from their spiritual bondage to sin and death.

RSS

START HERE TO . . .

Add a photo?  

Reply to a discussion?  

Blog an insight?

Post an event?

Watch (and pray) a video

Join a group?

Invite my friends/class/?

--->Take the Tour  

--->Ask A Question

Videos