By Chuck Lawless on Oct 11, 2018 01:00 am
Too many believers, I suspect, watch the news about victims of recent storms, but then fail to pray with compassion and fervor for them. Here are some practical ways to pray for them:
- Pray for peace and grace for those who have lost loved ones. They’ll need God’s ongoing comfort.
- Pray for trust for those who have lost homes or businesses. They may be nomads for a while, so they need our prayers.
- Pray for wisdom for government leaders helping to deal with recovery efforts. They, too, need our prayers, even if we don’t always agree with their politics.
- Pray for pastors and staff serving in those areas. They’ll need to shepherd entire communities toward recovery.
- Pray for children who might have bad memories because of the storm.Ask God to protect them from emotional harm and ongoing fear.
- Pray for first responders who’ve already responded—and who will be ready at any given moment. They put their lives on the line almost every day.
- Pray for safety for Disaster Relief teams going to an area to help with clean up and feeding. They will work hard and sacrifice much to help.
- Pray about giving toward helping those affected. Especially if you’re not affected by the storms, you have some level of obligation to help others who were affected.
- Pray for someone to become a believer through these storms. Even one person.
What other ways would you pray? Invite others to join us in praying.
Read in browser »