Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

I received permission from Jon Graf to post the daily Connection! prayer devotions on Pray.Network.  These devotions are available as a free e-mail subscription from the Harvest Prayer Ministries website at http://connection.harvestprayer.com/.

I have found these devotionals to be not only inspirational but also great equipping for my own prayer life.  There aren't many devotionals that are actually about prayer - most have a quick prayer at the end and that's about it.  But this one has prayer as its focus.  I thought others on the Network might be interested in it.  I will attempt to post each one daily - although I'll inevitably miss here and there. 

I have previously written a Spotlight blog post on the Connection! devotional; if you're interested, check it out here: http://www.pray.network/profiles/blogs/praynetwork-spotlight-connec....

I hope you enjoy and benefit from this devotional as much as I have.

--Andrew

Views: 1954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nov. 22: The Leading of the Spirit

When Paul tells us in Ephesians 6:18 to “pray in the Spirit,” he is urging us to pray as the Spirit enables us to pray or to pray by the power and direction of the Spirit. In other words “pray in the Spirit” is not a command; it’s an offer of help—help that is available for any praying believer, anytime, anywhere.

The Holy Spirit is the great prayer helper and is eager to guide us in who and what to pray for. He is on the lookout for believers who will pray for what God wants to do. How practically does the Spirit do this? He may do it by giving you a burden—such a deep love and concern for a person or a cause that it weighs on you. He may do it by giving you an unexpected thought—a thought that breaks in so abruptly that you ask, “Where did that come from?” He may do it by giving you a strong impression—a sense that He wants you to pray about something so that He can act in response to your prayer. He may do it by making a scripture verse come alive in your heart so that you are reminded of a person or situation that needs prayer. The Spirit has control of our hearts and minds and emotions. He can cause a burden, thought, impression, or insight at anytime to guide us in prayer. If you are not certain that a prompting to pray is from the Spirit, then ask God for the wisdom that He promises to give “generously to all” who ask in faith (James 1:5). He will give the wisdom that He promised so you can be certain.

It is no wonder that Jesus strongly urged believers to pray for the Holy Spirit and promised that the Father in heaven would most certainly “give the Holy Spirit to those who ask” (Luke 11:13). If you have ever asked yourself, “What is the first step I should take in order to improve my prayer life,” then here is the answer. Ask the Father for the Holy Spirit, trust that He gives you the Spirit, and then lean on the Spirit for the help He gives in every aspect of your prayer life. He is willing; He is able; and He will do it.

Thank You, Father, for the gift of Your Holy Spirit! Help me to be continually aware as He works around, in and through me to encourage my heart towards prayer. May I be looking for the Spirit’s promptings and burdens so that I never miss an opportunity to pray as He directs! Lord, I ask in faith for the wisdom You promise to give generously so that my prayer life is filled with purpose and is always in agreement with You! May I never choose to lean on my own understanding, but continually follow the leading of the Holy Spirit all the days of my life.

Prayer Points

Praise God for all his mighty works (Ps. 46:8-10), for his power, his majesty, his magnificent splendor over all the earth. Thank God for this psalm’s very clear and uplifting picture of God’s grandeur. Confess that you sometimes live as if God were small, powerless, and expendable. Commit yourself to serving this grand and glorious God with humility and reverence. Ask God to reveal something of his splendor in your life this week.

Pray that “the works of the Lord” might be so evident as to draw unbelievers to saving faith in Jesus Christ. Ask for spiritual blinders to be removed.

–Adapted from Praying God’s Heart (Prayers that Make a Difference) by Alvin VanderGriend. This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Prayer Points taken from Patterns for Prayer by Alvin VanderGriend.

Nov. 23: Build the Track and the Train will Follow

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God” (Philippians 4:6).

There is a world-famous scenic railway over the beautiful snowcapped Alps. It stretches from Venice to Vienna; and it has an amazing history. For several years crews laid the track through the icy mountain passes, across the Alpine Mountains, which in itself was thought to be impossible. But stranger still, the track was laid before a train was built that could actually make the trip!

When we pray with praise and thanksgiving, as Paul instructs us to do in Philippians 4:6, we are “building a track.” At that point, it’s God’s job to “build the train!”

We are to be ever mindful of His benefits, not only for the things we want but also for the things we have. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits” says Psalm 103:2. God never responds to ingratitude.

Father, I come to You filled with gratitude for Your promises! You have been  gracious to me beyond measure, and I am so thankful for Your goodness to me! May I live a life filled with faith that never gives up, and an expectancy that You will build the train that runs upon the track of prayers that are offered to You with praise and thanksgiving!

Prayer Points

Praise God, the one who is never far away from his children. Thank him for being close to you when you feel brokenhearted or crushed in spirit (Ps. 34:18). Confess your own unwillingness to have a God so near. Commit yourself to drawing near to God in daily prayer and fellowship (Jas. 4:8). Ask him to bless you by his presence throughout your life.

Intercede for the great worldwide mission effort of the church. Ask God to raise up more workers to enter the harvest around the world. Pray specifically for missionaries whom you know or support financially.

Prayer Pointer

“God does nothing on earth save in answer to believing prayer.” —John Wesley

–Adapted from Giving Ourselves to Prayer: An Acts 6:4 Primer for Ministry (Chapter 39, The Secret of Single-Minded Prayer by Eddie Smith). This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Nov. 24: God Speaks when We Are Ready to Listen

The more we understand the Scriptures the more likely it is that God will speak to us. The Bible is the message of God to mankind. Why should its author speak to you if you have not read His main message?

God speaks to those whose life is a clear channel ready for reception. The message would be poorly received and garbled if the receptacle were un-prepared. God speaks when we are ready to listen. Prayer without ceasing is not meditation, special revelation, or receiving a prophetic word of knowledge. It is one’s normal communication with the Father.

If you are hungry to pray without ceasing, God will speak to you. If you desire a personal relationship with the Father, then communication is foundational to that relationship and all relationships. Each of us need to see for ourselves that God, our heavenly Father, wants to talk with us. So LISTEN! Spend as much or more time listening than speaking.

Lord God, my heart is often not prepared to hear Your voice! Forgive my lack of attentiveness to Your word, and my inability to cease my busyness in order to listen. Help me to recognize that You are the primary relationship of my life, and that when I do all the talking I am not respecting or valuing the absolute fact that You live in me and desire to commune with me. May I learn through patient practice how to sit in Your lovely Presence and soak in the vastness of all that You are without having to say anything. Please show my spirit how to be in a continual state of worship, desire and readiness to hear Your voice.

Prayer Points

Praise God, the one who strengthens and helps you (Isa. 41:10). Give thanks for God’s promise to be with you when you “pass through the rivers” or “walk through the fire” (Isa. 43:2). Confess those times when you’ve doubted God’s loving presence and care. Commit yourself to trusting in God to protect and defend you. Ask him to increase your faith.

Pray for the political leaders of your country. Ask that they will be men and women of integrity and honor. Pray that their primary allegiance will be to God alone.

–Adapted from Giving Ourselves to Prayer: An Acts 6:4 Primer for Ministry (Chapter 38, How to Pray without Ceasing by Cornell Haan). This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Nov. 25: Wielding the Sword of the Lord

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12)

Jesus has given His disciples one piece of equipment that is powerful for tearing down the strongholds of Enemy: the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. This sword can pierce the most hardened heart and bring liberty and freedom from the bondage of sin.

There is one important fact, however, that believers must never forget. The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit. It is not the sword of human flesh and effort. It can only be properly used in battle by the Holy Spirit. Many have been turned further away from the gospel by someone who tried to browbeat them into the kingdom with his Bible. Others have been gently led to receive eternal life by properly using the sword, the Word of God.

Only the Holy Spirit can properly utilize Scripture. He knows the deep needs of every captive. The only question to be resolved is this: How do believers place their lives under the control of the Holy Spirit so that God can use them effectively in the offensive battle?

We are told what to do in Ephesians 6:18 once we are clothed with our armor and hold the sword in our hands: “With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.”

Prayer places us at God’s disposal. The greatest power that we have in this battle is made available to us through prayer.

Holy Spirit, I desire to place myself completely in Your hands as You use my prayers for the purposes of God. You alone can teach me how to understand and effectively utilize the Word. Show me how to use it in such a way that the Body of Christ is edified, and those who are not yet believers are convicted and convinced of the Lordship or Jesus Christ. Help me to become more like Jesus as I begin to more fully obey His Word applied to my life. I want to live continually at the disposal of God, properly wielding the Sword of the Spirit in a life of prayer.

Prayer Points

Praise God, the one who keeps you in perfect peace (Isa. 26:3). Give thanks for peace which is far beyond your understanding (Phil. 4:7). Confess that you sometimes look to the world to bring you peace rather than to God. Commit yourself to living in peace with others (1 Thess. 5:13). Ask God to give you a peaceable spirit.

Jesus promises to give his peace to those who believe in faith (Jn. 14:27). Pray for one unsaved person you know to receive Jesus’ precious peace.

–Adapted from The Prayer Factor by Sammy Tippit. This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Nov. 26: The True Purpose of Intercession

There is a pattern of prayer that is typical of what we find in many churches today. Our bulletins are full of prayer requests that mention the things that we want God to do for us. We want Him to heal our diseases, relieve our distresses, bail us out of our problems, and provide us with plenty. William Barclay, commenting on this view of prayer, said, “One of the strangest things about prayer is that it can be the most selfish activity in the world. Prayer can be merely seeking to use God for one’s own purposes.” But, intercession is not first of all about us; it is about God and His kingdom.

The problem is not that it is wrong to pray for healing, help, and blessings. We should pray for these things. In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus teaches us to pray, “Give us our daily bread.” That is a prayer for God to supply our physical, material, and bodily needs. But the problem comes when the focus in prayer is primarily on us and what we want. What we are really doing when we pray that way is trying to get God to be our servant. But He is not our servant. He is our Lord and Master and we are His servants. Of course, He does bless us, help us, and even serve us. But, in doing so He does not relinquish headship. He blesses us out of love so that we may serve His purposes.

Righteous Father, I want to live as Your servant, fully engaged with the things of Your kingdom! May I continually serve You with gladness out of a heart of gratitude for how You have already blessed me! Thank You for supplying all of my needs, and for loving me so much that You even bless me far beyond what I deserve. I want my prayer life to reflect how much I love You because I am passionate about seeing Your kingdom come! Show me how to serve You as a fully devoted intercessor!

Prayer Points

Give praise to God who is the ruler of all things (1 Chron. 29:12). Thank him for his mighty and powerful acts. Confess times when you’ve questioned God’s power by trusting in your own strength. Commit yourself to exalting God in everything you do this week. Ask him to give you strength to live for him.

Pray by name for an unsaved friend, relative, or coworker. Ask God to open this person’s spiritual eyes to the wonder of new life in Christ.

Prayer Pointer

“Prayer is obedience! God’s command and promise is our motive for prayer.” —John Calvin

–Adapted from Praying God’s Heart (Prayers that Make a Difference) by Alvin VanderGriend. This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Nov. 27: We Are as We Think

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer” (Psalm 19:14).

Our request is how we present our prayer to God. What about our meditation? It’s not just crazy people who talk to themselves. We all do. The question is, “What are we telling ourselves?” You can “void” a perfectly made prayer request by allowing your thoughts to run contrary to it. The psalmist prayed that both the words of his mouth and the meditations of his heart would be acceptable to God. If we are saying one thing and thinking another, we are double-minded— unstable—as James 1:8 says.

We speak out of the abundance of our hearts (see Mt. 12:34), and we are as we think (see Prov. 23:7, KJV). The words of our heart can undo the words of our prayer.

Oh Lord, my Rock and Redeemer, I want the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be pleasing in Your sight! Guard my heart against thinking that opposes the words I utter in prayer! Keep me from being a double-minded person, doubting with my mind the very things that I am asking! Help me to be aware whenever I am tempted to doubt Your ability to hear and answer! May what I think and what I say be always in complete agreement so that You are pleased to respond to intercession that comes from a pure heart, filled with trust.

Prayer Points

Praise the infinite God who has no beginning and no end. Thank God that with him all things are possible (Lk. 1:37). Confess any lack of faith concerning God’s ways and works. Commit yourself anew to living obediently before God. Ask him to keep your eyes focused on Jesus.

Pray for justice and righteousness to come to the nations of this world which seek to block the work of the Lord (Ps. 2:1-2). Ask that their rulers will bow to Jesus and begin to serve him (2:10-11; Isa. 60:3).

–Adapted from Giving Ourselves to Prayer: An Acts 6:4 Primer for Ministry (Chapter 39, The Secret of Single-Minded Prayer by Eddie Smith). This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Nov. 28: The Words We Say

“Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring” (James 3:11)?

James points out that fresh and salty water cannot come from the same fountain. Our tongues are powerful. It’s important that what we say lines up with what we pray. Try this. Listen to the things you say throughout the course of an average day. You may discover that although the prayers you are praying sound “faith-filled,” in agreement with God’s will, and you are expressing gratitude to God in advance, your conversation belies your praying.

Here’s an example. Janice needs rent money. She prays fervently, believing, thanking God in advance for His provision. So far, so good. Thirty minutes later someone asks about her situation. She replies, “I don’t know. Things look pretty bleak. I don’t know what I am going to do. I’m out of options.” In one unguarded conversation, Janice writes “VOID” across the prayer she just prayed. Why did she do that? She exposed an underlying issue of unbelief. Although she prayed the right words, she wasn’t actually praying them in faith. She didn’t truly believe them in her heart.

If we could search her heart, as God does, we might discover that Janice is still looking for a “backup source” (other than God). By telling another person her need, and showing a bit of desperation, she unconsciously hopes that he or she will assist . . . in case God doesn’t come through. It’s like having a “Plan B.” She’s likely not even aware that she does this, but it’s a classic case of double-mindedness.

The words we say should match the words we pray. Our conversations with others should reflect the faith with which we’ve prayed. To pray one thing about a person, place, or circumstance, and confess the opposite is classic double-mindedness and produces nothing. When someone asks Janice about her rent situation, she should respond, “I still don’t know how God will do it, but I’m convinced that He is my source and that He’s working now to supply all my needs according to His riches in glory, by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). And for that, I give Him praise.”

Father, my desire is pray, believing that You will answer as I align my prayers with Your heart. Keep me from doubting the very words I express to You as a need or a request. May I trust Your heart, even when I am unable to see You at work around me in that moment. Your response is always timed for my good and for the sake of Your own glory. Help me to be a yielded intercessor, expressing prayers of thanksgiving for answers I have yet to see in the physical realm, but which I believe will burst forth from Your heart in Your perfect timing as I lay my heart alongside of Your own.

Prayer Points

Praise God as the one whose arm is “not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear” (Isa. 59:1). Thank God for the promise to hear you when you come to him in prayer. Confess any sin which may result in his not hearing your prayers (59:2). If you are struggling in this area, commit yourself to regular, daily times of prayer and fellowship with God. Ask him to draw close to you as you fellowship with him.

God has long arms when it comes to salvation. No one is beyond his reach.

Thank him for that truth and pray for one unsaved person you know.

Prayer Pointer

“Ministry without prayer becomes work in the power of the flesh. Prayer without ministry is complacent Christianity.” —Anonymous

1942 views!

Nov. 29: Listening with the Ears of a Child

Imagine sitting at a table with a group of friends, but God himself is sitting at the head of the table. How much talking would you do? It would be extremely rude for you to talk non-stop and never let God speak. Or imagine that you have just come into the very presence of God to speak to your heavenly Father. Since you are a child—a very little child—He picks you up onto His lap and you talk together.

As a Grandfather, my granddaughter comes to sit in my lap. Typically she plays with my face or hands and jabbers on in sweet words. I love to hear her talk to me. She is full of questions, some of which I can answer. Our communication is two-way. We enjoy speaking and listening to each other. So it is with God and His children.

So talk together with your heavenly Father and listen to Him talk to you. We have become experts at talking types of praying, but talking is only a part of prayer. Let’s try listening more. Then, perhaps we will be able to pray without ceasing.

Gentle Savior, there are so many times I wish I could crawl up into Your lap and just lean against You, listening to the beat of Your heart. Then, I allow my schedule, plans, or pride to intervene and spoil such moments. Forgive my hesitancy, and my neglect. Spark in me a joyous revival of listening prayer so that I am able to hear what is on Your heart. Let me hear Your voice; it doesn’t have to be audible, although that would be awesome! If You speak to my spirit, it is enough. Help me to come to You as a little child, with no agenda other than a longing to simply enjoy being in Your Presence.

Prayer Points

Praise the God who loves even the little children (Lk. 18:16). Give thanks for God’s promise in Prov. 22:6 to help parents train their children in the right way. Confess any lack of love or any impatience you have experienced toward your children or others. Commit yourself to a renewed appreciation for the place children have in God’s sight. Ask for wisdom to train your children in his ways.

Ask God to “turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers” (Mal. 4:6) throughout his kingdom.

–Adapted from Giving Ourselves to Prayer: An Acts 6:4 Primer for Ministry (Chapter 38, How to Pray without Ceasing by Cornell Haan). This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Nov. 30: The Triumphant Nature of God

Jesus taught His disciples to pray, “And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil” (Matthew 6:13) so that they could begin their life of prayer with their focus upon God. But in this principle, He teaches them that prayer will also touch the deepest  needs of the human heart. He is teaching the disciples that prayer is a response to the protection and the power of God.

An important principle of prayer is a realization of the triumphant nature of God. The disciple sees the victory that is in Jesus Christ over all of the forces of hell. In the secret chamber of prayer, the follower of Christ begins to experience the twofold victory of the

Lord. The first part of that victory stems from a clear view of God, who leads and shepherds His people. The second aspect of the triumph of the prayer warrior is his vision of the power of God to deliver His people from the forces of evil.

“Do not lead us into temptation” is a basic commitment of the Christian in prayer to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. The Christian sees the Lord as his Shepherd. He knows that Christ is a Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd will not lead the sheep off a cliff! He will not lead the sheep into the pits of destruction. Therefore, the believer must commit himself to the leadership of the Good Shepherd. This is the point for the believer to commit his time, activities, and relationships to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

Good Shepherd, so often I have kept my time, activities and relationships to myself, refusing to submit them to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Forgive me and give me a desire to turn everything that I have been keeping to myself over to You for safekeeping and to release it all for Your use. Because You care for me, I trust that You will not lead me into the path of the enemy, but that You will deliver me from his attempts to destroy me or to use me for his evil purposes. Strengthen me and give me wisdom to stay far from his clutches so that I may stand firm for the sake of Your kingdom. You alone, O Lord, are holy, and only by staying attached to the Vine and following Your lead will I bear fruit for Your sake!

Prayer Points

Praise the God who knows your sinful ways, but is still there to heal, guide, and comfort you (Isa. 57:18). Give thanks for God’s constant faithfulness. Confess any sinful deeds or thoughts that have remained unconfessed. Commit yourself to seeking the guidance of the Holy Spirit every day. Ask him to walk close beside you today.

Pray for an opportunity in the next day to share your faith with someone who does not know Jesus. Ask God to give you courage and boldness in your witness.

Prayer Pointer

“The church’s greatest deficiency today is in power—not in programs, strategies, materials, or ideas. And power for ministry can be released only through prayer.” — Anonymous

–Adapted from The Prayer Factor by Sammy Tippit. This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

Dec. 01: Abiding Prayer

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch can not bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me” (John 15:4).

I have discovered that abiding prayer is a journey together. Like the two who trudged the weary path toward a place they called home. Downcast, they told their tale to a traveler who fell in step. A friend had been murdered. A good man, stricken down in his prime. His destroyed potential, a tragic loss to many, left behind a crushing grief. They, like many of us, trudged onward toward the night.

Their heavy hearts wept for hope aborted. Their burdened spirits found no relief. Their sagging faith explored the bottom. The traveler spoke, but preoccupations kept him distant. He was present but they were not. They wanted to hear His words of consolation. The best they could do was invite Him into the place they called home. And to their humble table. Then, He blessed their bread. His grace, fitting and good, touched their hearts. Their downcast hearts finally looked upward. And, they beheld Him for the first time.

In His grace, the dikes protecting their fragile spirits crumbled. In flooded a healing torrent. And they rushed back to the path. This time, however, the journey was brighter. They saw better. Even the darkness could not dim their spirits. Their soaring spirits hastened them forward. Faith lifted them to live in scorn of consequences. They sought community. They needed a place with others to joyfully confess the good news: “The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon” (Lk. 24:34).

Even with dust from the Emmaus path on our exhausted feet, we can welcome His good blessing. In His grace, He will resurrect our lives. The weary trudge then becomes a majestic march toward community. This is Abiding Prayer. Passive? At times. Active? At times. Relational? Always!

Lord Jesus, how blessed I feel that Your Presence is continually within me. No matter what path I journey down, whether I am filled with joy or in a deep valley of sorrow, You are there. Sometimes my own inability to know and recognize You in the midst of my circumstances keeps me from the peace You desire to give me even when life is raging around me. Thank You for a community of believers who are there to remind me of Your goodness and Presence. As my heart abides in You, may I be able to encourage and uplift those who need to remember that You are walking the road with them as others have encouraged me.

Prayer Points

Praise God, who is a refuge for the poor and needy (Isa.25:4). Thank him for caring about those who are in desperate circumstances. Confess times when you have not shown compassion to the needy. Commit yourself to serving others in new and stretching ways. Ask God to provide those opportunities for you.

Ask God to anoint the fellowship in your congregation with the Holy Spirit. Pray that any friction between members will be addressed and healed. Pray that newcomers will find a refuge in your congregation.

–Adapted from Giving Ourselves to Prayer: An Acts 6:4 Primer for Ministry (Chapter 40, Abiding Prayer by Tony Twist). This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

–Prayer Points taken from Patterns for Prayer by Alvin VanderGriend.

Dec. 02: For God and for His Glory!

Intercessory prayer is more for God than for us. It is more a way for God to accomplish His purposes on earth than for us to get God to give us, or those we pray for, something. Jesus clearly thought first of God and His glory when it came to prayer. In a troubling moment He didn’t immediately think of how the Father could help Him. He even said that He wouldn’t pray, “Father, save me from this hour?” Instead, recognizing that His suffering was part of God’s plan, He simply prayed, “Father, glorify your name!” (John 12:27–28).

On another occasion Jesus promised His disciples that if they would ask in His name He would do what they asked. But He didn’t stop there. He went on to say that He would act in response to their prayers “so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.” In other words, their asking was not just to get His help or to be empowered for ministry. The ultimate reason for their asking and His acting was to glorify the Father. Jesus clearly viewed prayer as for God and for His glory.

Father, forgive my self-centered, selfish prayers. So often I rush into Your presence with my list, forgetting to draw near, and to remember that the God who created the universe and who is worthy of my praise, is listening to every word. May I be so caught up in the glory of Your very Name that my only desire as I pray is to honor You by lifting up whatever You place upon my heart.  Show me how to bring You glory through every prayer I pray, knowing that You care deeply for the concerns of my heart because they flow out of Your own.

Prayer Points

Praise God, who is “holy, holy, holy” (Isa. 6:3). Give thanks for God’s glory, which is seen throughout the whole earth. Confess any sin which keeps you from experiencing the holiness and glory of God. Commit your life anew today to seeking God’s holiness and glory. Ask him to reveal himself to you as you seek his glory in your life.

Pray that your family will have a renewed sense of God’s glory in all areas of your family life—our work, relationships, conversation, leisure time, and so on.

Prayer Pointer

“The ministry of intercession is very demanding. To be serious about intercession is to be ready to give ourselves for the sake of others.” —Maxie Dunnam

–Adapted from Praying God’s Heart (Prayers that Make a Difference) by Alvin VanderGriend.  This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.

–Prayer Points taken from Patterns for Prayer by Alvin VanderGriend.

RSS

START HERE TO . . .

Add a photo?  

Reply to a discussion?  

Blog an insight?

Post an event?

Watch (and pray) a video

Join a group?

Invite my friends/class/?

--->Take the Tour  

--->Ask A Question

Videos